GO!

Yikes, a new lump on Jasper!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Mon Jun 17, '13 1:06pm PST 
I was petting Jasper last night and I felt something on the outside of his right thigh that wasn't right. Sure enough, it felt different than the left thigh.

It took me a few minutes to isolate the lump because it's so small (not quite pea-sized), but I did eventually find it. It is beneath the skin, and mobile, but feels different from most lipomas I've felt. Maybe that's just because it's so small? Hopefully that's the case and it's just another lipoma. He's got one the size of a quarter over his ribcage, I've been waiting for his next dental cleaning to have it removed.

We're headed to the vet in a few hours for a biopsy. Send us some good vibes for something nice and harmless please!
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Jun 17, '13 1:17pm PST 
Hope all goes well and that it's nothing serious!! hughughughughughughug

Edited by author Mon Jun 17, '13 1:17pm PST

[notify]
Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Mon Jun 17, '13 7:20pm PST 
Well I feel sheepish! Jasper had a rabies vaccine a couple of weeks ago and the little nodule is where the vaccine was given. It will go away on its own. Ah well, better safe than sorry.
[notify]

Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Jun 17, '13 7:26pm PST 
I agree, better safe than sorry. Glad that Jasper is ok! cheerflowers
[notify]
Jasper

Whut?

Barked: Mon Jun 17, '13 8:28pm PST 
flowers way to go hug
[notify]