GO!

CT scan showed SLIGHTLY enlarged thyroid glands - do I do biopsy?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 13 of 13: Viewing entries 121 to 127)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  
Tyson

Two-Time Cancer- Survivor!

Barked: Sun Oct 27, '13 2:36pm PST 
Flicka - but can I put that on his "red rocket?"
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sun Oct 27, '13 6:15pm PST 
Definately !!!!!

Thats why I recommended it !!

No sting.. and very gentle antiseptic.. and very mild anaethetic.

Flicka sheds his pads sometimes..... REALLY raw sore when it happens.. he loves the stuff cos its cool and I can swab with it and it must feel nice...

Edited by author Sun Oct 27, '13 6:16pm PST

[notify]
Tyson

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 8:37pm PST 
So, after Tyson's vomiting issues 2 weekends ago, and being on anti-nausea meds until yesterday (per the vets instructions), today was his first day without anti-nausea medicine. Tonight, within an hour of me giving him his heart medicine, the drooling began. He did have a morning dose without drooling but he probably still had some of the anti-nausea meds still in his blood stream.

I was adament with the vet when the vomiting occured that his upset stomach was from the new heart medicine but the cardiologist said it should not be making him this sick. So they said to give him the anti-nausea meds zofran ( and cerenia for 4 days) for a week and if he still got nauseous after that, we needed to start exploring other options. WHAT OTHER OPTIONS? How can they be so sure that it's not the heart meds making him sick when the entire time he was on anti-nausea medicine, he was fine?

I am hoping he doesn't throw up tonight. I gave him one of his anti-nausea pills (zofran) as soon as I noticed the drooling (about an hour ago) and left a message for his oncologist tonight to call me.

How am I supposed to go on my cruise in 2 weeks? I know Mom and And my brother will do their best but they probably wouldn't notice his drooling and wouldn't pick up his "signs" of not feeling well like I do. I've been in tears the last hour. frown
[notify]

Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Mon Nov 4, '13 12:35pm PST 
Hey there...I'm back...it's been almost a week. How's he doing? Is there some other heart med he can try? One that won't make him naseaus? The drooling is definitely a sign that he's not comfy. Poor guy. I really hope he's feeling better now.

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Barked: Tue Nov 5, '13 10:17am PST 
bumping up for the spam bots...plus i love tyson big grin
[notify]
Tyson

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 11:06am PST 
Is anyone else on this thread on FB? If so, I would really love to connect with and keep in touch on there as well. I am practically on there 24/7. Just message me your info and I'll send a friend request!

Scooter - how was your cruise?!?!?! Tell me all about it!

I have 2 great pieces of news to report.

Tyson had his last round of chemo yesterday! partyparty

Secondly, he had his holter monitor on 10/28 an the results came back last Monday 11/4. The dr said they were excellent! It only registered 7 VPC's. Under 100 is "normal" in boxer breeds. So, the heart medicine is clearly working, and working well.

He is still having random bouts of drooling but it's an odd times. By odd, I mean like 9 hours after I give him the heart medicine, at 6:30 pm, 2 hours after he eats. How can I contribute that to his heart medicine?!?!

I leave for my cruise on the 16th and am paranoid to leave him. Like if they cancelled my cruise b/c of problems with the ship, I would jump for joy right now....lol laugh out loud
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Barked: Thu Nov 7, '13 12:16pm PST 
Yes! My mom is on facebook! big grin I'll send you a message so you have moms name and you can send her a request.

I was just thinking...hmmmm it's been 9 days since Tyson checked in. I hope thats good news. Glad to hear about the heart monitor results! His chemo is over!

I hope your mom has a super cruise! Whose watching ya?!
[notify]
  (Page 13 of 13: Viewing entries 121 to 127)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13