GO!

Has anyone given their dogs Amiprezol?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Dakota

Dokie

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 11:31am PST 
I was wondering if anybody has any adverse experiences from giving their dogs anti acid reducers. Like Amiprozal?

Edited by author Wed May 22, '13 11:33am PST

[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 4:08am PST 
Did you dog have a reaction? Sometimes reactions will happen. Maybe you can try another acid reducer. Good Luck!
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 9:28am PST 
Did you mean Omeprazole? Either way, I agree with Kali, if your pup had an adverse reaction you may want to try something else. There are several different antacids out there and some that work differently than others. Sometimes it takes trial an error before finding an antacid that works well for your pup. Good luck!

Edited by author Thu May 23, '13 9:40am PST

[notify]

Dakota

Dokie

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 9:44am PST 
I haven't given it to him yet, that is why I was wondering before I start.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 3:38pm PST 
I've had Kali on Omeprazole. She did fine with it. Although she was only on it for a short time. Good Luck with your pup! smile
[notify]
Dakota

Dokie

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 10:32am PST 
Kali,
What did you give it to her for? Did you give her a whole human dose?
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 11:24am PST 
Scruffy was on Omeprazole for a possible ulcer and acid reflux. He responded well to it and was on it for about a month. You may want to contact your vet for the proper dosage, Omeprazole comes in different dosages and I remember Scruffy's dose being on the smaller end of the scale.

Edited by author Tue May 28, '13 11:34am PST

[notify]
Dakota

Dokie

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 11:53am PST 
Scruffy, I'm glad to hear you did well on it! My vet recommended a whole pill every day for 14 days. Dakota is a sensitive guy so I just was wondering about any other experiences with it.
What were Scruffy's symptoms?
Dakota wines in pain while chewing on himself then throws up.
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 12:39pm PST 
Scruffy would whine and squeek while eating and drinking, frequent swallowing, he licks his lips a lot, he would lick himself a lot, and he had bouts of vomiting. Signs he may have had an ulcer were sometimes he had blood in his vomit and metallic smelling breath. Scruffy got one pill once a day 15 -20 minutes before his breakfast. My vet told me that it's important to give this pill on an empty stomach to give the pill a chance to work better. I hope Dakota feels better soon! hug

Edited by author Tue May 28, '13 12:53pm PST

[notify]
Dakota

Dokie

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 4:16pm PST 
Thank you!
[notify]