GO!

Hernia?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 3:45am PST 
I just noticed last night a small bump on Sparkles belly right where her spray was. It's not large and can be easy massaged back in. Does this sound like a hernia to you? Anybody have experience with this or know what it costs to have corrected? Or even if it needs to be corrected? Thanks
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 11:24am PST 
It might be scar tissue from the spay. Only your vet will be able to tell. I would have them check it on her next appointment. Good luck!
[notify]
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 5:44pm PST 
I set up an appointment for tomorrow. That'd be nice if it's just scar tissue but it wasn't there before the other day and I can massage it back inside. I'll let you know what they tell me tomorrow. Fingers crossed for either a simple explanation or a quick easy fix.
[notify]

Kali

Barked: Fri May 17, '13 3:41am PST 
Any updates from your vet visit?
[notify]
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Sat May 18, '13 4:13am PST 
Well, the vet says that is an umbilical hernia and needs to be removed. He was very surprised that it didn't show up until recently and that she's already been spayed and everything. She goes in Monday morning for surgery. Hopefully all goes smoothly. We're moving in three weeks. I'd like for her to be healed up and healthy before we get the big yard to run and play in lol.
[notify]
Kali

Barked: Sun May 19, '13 2:47am PST 
Our Koby had one. I hope she sails throught the surgery. Good Luck and keep us posted. hug
[notify]
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 4:39pm PST 
She made it through her surgery well and is back home. She's feeling pretty good and the roughest thing is keeping her calm. She keeps wanting to jump up on the couch and stuff. It makes me cringe every time I don't get to her first. Hopefully we can keep her under control long enough for her to heal without hurting herself.
[notify]
Kali

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 5:12pm PST 
LOLOL sounds like a typical 1 year old. Hope she heals quickly. Good Luck!
[notify]