GO!

Puppy has crispy eyes :o(

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 12:22pm PST 
Teething pain.
[notify]
Skipper- a.k.a Skip

Terror terrier

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 1:24pm PST 
Toto, that's what I originally thought but he jumped up at me earlier and when he landed, yelped again and limped for a bit... So I think it's his foot :o(

I think my puppy is falling apart!

A trip to the vets is definitely needed!
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 1:46pm PST 
Puppies are not for the paranoid eh! I've already had Jem in for after hours Xrays after she jumped off the deck.
[notify]

Skipper- a.k.a Skip

Terror terrier

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 2:34pm PST 
Lol, Jewel...

I'm like a very over-protective mummy puppy

If Skip so much as sniffles, my first thought is, "what's wrong with him"?!

This is the first time I've had to make an appiontment out with his monthly puppy checks though, so I'm not as paranoid as I though I would be laugh out loud
[notify]
Tucker

SQUIRREL! !

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 4:37pm PST 
Since he was rubbing it and closing it shut my first thought was a possible abrasion/cut on the eye. It could be an infection too.
A cut or abrasion needs to be dealt with immediately so it doesn't turn into a worse problem. Any eye problem should be seen asap. You could risk loosing an eye.

Let us know what happens..
[notify]
Skipper- a.k.a Skip

Terror terrier

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 3:14am PST 
Thanks Tucker puppy

Skip went to the vets this morning (it was the soonest appointment I could get), and it turns out he has an eye ulcer :o(

The vet had a good look at it under UV lights and now Skip needs three doses of eye drops a day. An antibiotic eye drop for both eyes that he gets once per day, a lubricant to gel coat the eye up to four times a day and an Atropine drop once per day... E's also been booked in again on Tuesday so the vet can have another look at it...

Very expensive trip for me lol... But it was worth it, for piece of mind puppy

I would never have ignored it and hoped it went away but it just shows, it's better to be safe than sorry puppy

Skip is very unimpressed, especially because he has to wear a 'Cone of Shame' lol.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2