GO!

Lung worm, flea and tic and worming help needed

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Mr Oliver

I love ... just- everyone!!

Barked: Sun Mar 24, '13 3:16pm PST 
Hi... I am new here so please be kind!

I have been going to my vet to get the above title stuff for my wonderful Bichion Frise... but have to say they are charging me a fortune!

Now the same vet practice as they have two told me that I can get Mibemax and this will do the worming and lung worm and only needs doing once every 3 months.

So then I would just need to do the flea and tic which they want to charge me over 25 pounds for one treatment!

And that every month is rather a lot... well I think so. I am not overly worried at the moment about the flea and tic as we do not go to many places to get anything like this.

My main concern is the lung worm... and also the normal worming.

What are your suggestions? Please.

I was suggested Drontal... so went to Pets at Home and they charged me 10.99 for 2 tablets.. but have found a great site that I can get the special food my Mr Oliver likes (godness been through so many!!) and they are only 1.90 per tablet and free delivery!

Anyway. sorry for going on... as I said... my concern is .. do I have to go to the vet to get the prescription as they have told me that they charge around 12 pounds for that and I am now getting so confused.

Mr Oliver is only 15 nearly weeks old and loves our garden/yard so all the help would be really appreciated.... thanks way to go
[notify]
Rudy TUTU

Easter Baby

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 6:41pm PST 
I found one that you can check out and contact them with any questions you may have on the product it Diametecous Earth from Wolfgreek Ranch.I can send you the link in a message if you like i am not sure if it allowed to be posted here or not.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 8:31pm PST 
Perhaps you could buy the same wormer and flea control the vet prescribs online and not go to the vet? It is important to see the vet regularly to be sure nothing bad is going on though.
[notify]