GO!

My dogs genetic condition.. venting

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 4 of 5: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 8:39am PST 
Did you check your state law for a puppy lemon law??? IF there is one, she doesn't have a choice, she HAS to refund vet fees up to the purchase price of the pup. I would check that out for sure!!
[notify]
Neva Blew- Sky

Ya can't keep a- good dog- down..Bow! Wow!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 8:45am PST 
Toto,

That is what I forgot to do...I'm on it now.
[notify]
Neva Blew- Sky

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 8:50am PST 
Just got done researching and my state has no puppy lemon laws... But I'm seeing that I can do a civil sue..I have to read more though.
[notify]

Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 10:40am PST 
Sounds reasonable, I hope it works out for you. hug
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 1:37pm PST 
Without a lemon law it might end up costing you too much for a civil suit... I am no lawyer BUT I would think since she offered you another pup (even though you have to return this one), she has covered herself and would probably win a civil suit because of that.
Most likely you are going to have to end up eating the extra expenses.
Since hormones can play a part in the immune system, I would certainly look into getting her spayed as soon as possible. At almost a year old and being a Chihuahua, she is certainly mature enough to do it now before she actually comes into heat, which may save her from it getting any worse.
Good luck and keep us posted!!
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 2:02pm PST 
I'm so glad you are getting some advice here. Toto, thanks for explaining the AKC registration. I thought that's what it meant....only purebred, not healthy.

She has no intention of refunding the money and I'm not sure a civil suit is worth the money since it's only $300. I would just move on and not look back.

If others are right and it is treatable, let's hope she gets better soon and you are on your way back to having a healthy dog. Also, this may spark another discussion, but if you are concerned with possible future health problems with your dog, you might want to consider dog insurance....just an option.
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 2:09pm PST 
I'm not a lawyer and I don't even play one on TV, but you might want to look into small claims court, as opposed to a regular civil suit. I understand they're inexpensive to file. Have never done it myself, but it might be something to look into.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 3:27am PST 
I agree, small claims court is for well small claims in which one doesn't want to hire a lawyer. It is likely they will help you and if not you are only out the small filing fee. Look into it.
[notify]
Neva Blew- Sky

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 5:42pm PST 
SCOOTER- Thanks wink this has run across my mind already..I have started looking...I'm going to start another discussion because she just got her first treatment today...
[notify]
Sascha

Sascha - rather chase,- than eat

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '13 11:56am PST 
Sascha had this same thing when she was a pup, but fortunately, it
responded very quickly to topical treatment. We can only hope that
your little one will also respond. Although it was presented to you
as a "genetic" condition", I would think that it is acquired from
the environment - whether the surrounding kennel or from within
the mom. I don't think it actually changes or invades the DNA of
the puppy.
[notify]