GO!

Why is my seven months old male dog lickin my female's private part ( Need help

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Mason

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 4:56pm PST 
hello...I have a seven years old poodle/mix w ho is super sweet but he have been lickin my four years old spayed schnauzers private part...then he moves his mouth like if he was tasting it or shivering i dont know its weird...every now and then he just comes, licks her and start making those mouth little gestures....why is this happening ..? is there a way to stop him? he is not neutered yet, im planning on doing it soon 'cause she is spayed anyways PLS I NEED HELP to understand why is this happening and how to stop it, its a very bad habit (
[notify]
Buster

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 5:19pm PST 
If its a new thing I would take her to the vets for a checkup. They sometimes do that with infections.
[notify]
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 5:19pm PST 
I'm not sure but my one year old female Bulldog does this to my 9 year old male terrier mix and both are spayed/nuetered. As gross as it sounds, I think it's just a form of grooming but it is nasty. I always tell Sparkles no when she starts "grooming" Rocky.
[notify]

Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 5:25pm PST 
I'm not sure but my one year old female Bulldog does this to my 9 year old male terrier mix and both are spayed/nuetered. As gross as it sounds, I think it's just a form of grooming but it is nasty. I always tell Sparkles no when she starts "grooming" Rocky.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 5:31pm PST 
NO need for vetlaugh out loud This is a perfectly natural reaction of a male approaching sexual maturity to the smell/taste of a female. It will diminish once he's neutered. Again..perfectly normal, no need for alarm.
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 6:07pm PST 
Just here to second Squam's post. smile Nix does this sometimes. He'll lick Ava's privates, the ground, trees which other male dogs have marked, even... I try to discourage him from doing it just because I find it totally gross, but other than being icky, it is perfectly normal for boys... Heck, Ava does it too occasionally, and she's a spayed female!

It's how they check up on the reproductive status of other dogs, as well as checking on the competition in the area by passing the scent through a gland which basically works like downloading a zip file of your life history on a computer.
[notify]
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 6:16pm PST 
Before we neutered Clyde, he did that to just about every pee spot he could find. Just one of the quirks of owning an intact male. I've known two otherwise well-mannered intact males who did the same.
[notify]
Fancy

Fancy& Rambo- Chinese Crested- Littermates

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 7:23pm PST 
My four month old littermates do that to each other, but then again they do it to themselves.naughty
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 7:40pm PST 
'cause it's funwink
I swear Soph has a grin on her face when she does it to Callie, almost like she's tickling him
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 7:56pm PST 
My female Akita is 6 and has been spayed since age two. My male Akita is 3 and has been neutered since he was 7 months( I know,Iknow,not something I will do again) but they tend to lick each other in those places nightly as well as clean each others ears,nails,heads,and even teeth,since they tend to just do it as part of their nightly grooming we have learned to ignore it,they do not taste or shiver,lip lick,or anything like that,it is more like a mother would clean a puppy in their case,a quick swipe to clean the other up. We did mention it to the vet at one point and were told it was simply their way of grooming the other. Nothing to be concerned about.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2