GO!

Weakened Immune System?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Leela

What's in the- box?

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 12:08am PST 
My Westie, Sachi, had a lot of warts in her old age and the vet mentioned that it was because her immune system was weak. So when I noticed that my mom's 7 year old toy poodle was getting warts on her back it worried me and I mentioned to her that it might be a weakened immune system. NOW my own little Leela, only 2 years old, has two tiny warts starting to sprout. One is on her neck and the other is on her shoulder blade.

Today, I read online that there are two types of dog warts. One is the kind that puppies get near their nose, mouth, or other membranes. The other, that my mom's poodle and Leela seem to have, is the kind that old dogs or dogs with weakened immune systems get.

Why would Leela have a weakened immune system at 2 years old? What could have caused it? If it is weakened, what can I do to get it back to normal and how do I know when it is fixed? Should I be giving her probiotics, antioxidants, and/or a multivitamin? And for how long?
[notify]
Oscar

Canis Angelicus

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 7:04am PST 
"Why would Leela have a weakened immune system at 2 years old? What could have caused it? If it is weakened, what can I do to get it back to normal and how do I know when it is fixed? Should I be giving her probiotics, antioxidants, and/or a multivitamin? And for how long?"

This won't be a popular answer on this board, but the cause is vaccines. You will probably never be able to "get it back to normal" now. However, you can help with optimal nutrition which is a raw food diet, supplements such as probiotics, omega 3s etc can also help. I would also have her thyroid function checked, vaccines cause hypothyroid issues (see Dr Jean Dodds info). Finally, I would also consider looking into homeopathy to help reverse the damage. Most importantly, never give her another vaccine ever. Get a medical exemption for rabies.
[notify]
Dunkin

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 7:05am PST 
My older dogs had warts. But I have never heard about the weakened immune system. I look forard to seeing what others say.
[notify]

Leela

What's in the- box?

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 4:25pm PST 
Thanks, Oscar. I am going to look into what you said.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Sep 29, '13 4:11am PST 
Hi Leela,

I have the same issue with my two dogs, and would love to know if you found a solution?
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sun Sep 29, '13 8:03am PST 
I doubt that a 2 year old dog has been over vaccinated and I don't know if there is any actual proof that vaccination cause one's immune system to weaken. If there is information out there that isn't hearsay or just folks trying to make money, I would be interested in reading it.

If you are worried about your dogs and not satisfied with the answers from your vet, I would consider getting a second opinion.
[notify]
Oscar

Canis Angelicus

Barked: Mon Sep 30, '13 1:53pm PST 
Fritz, have you never read the Perdue study on Great Danes, which conclusively shows that every vaccinated animal had autoantibodies to to many of their own biochemicals, including fibronectin, laminin, DNA, albumin, cytochrome C, cardiolipin and collagen?

"This means that the vaccinated dogs — "but not the non-vaccinated dogs”– were attacking their own fibronectin, which is involved in tissue repair, cell multiplication and growth, and differentiation between tissues and organs in a living organism.

The vaccinated Purdue dogs also developed autoantibodies to laminin, which is involved in many cellular activities including the adhesion, spreading, differentiation, proliferation and movement of cells. Vaccines thus appear to be capable of removing the natural intelligence of cells.

Autoantibodies to cardiolipin are frequently found in patients with the serious disease systemic lupus erythematosus and also in individuals with other autoimmune diseases. The presence of elevated anti-cardiolipin antibodies is significantly associated with clots within the heart or blood vessels, in poor blood clotting, haemorrhage, bleeding into the skin, foetal loss and neurological conditions."

It only takes one vaccine to harm, so yes, a two year old dog could have a weakened immune system. Of course it could be that Perdue was trying to make a buck sell us all supplements with this research. Of course vets make money off selling vaccines and get life-long customers to boot.

I can understand those who believe in vaccination to want to protect their dogs, but the excess use of vaccination, especially annual shots is nothing short of criminal (IMO)

I am sorry I cannot give you the link to the entire study, it has long disappeared from the web, I did used to have it from the Wayback Machine, but now I can no longer find that.

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/purdue-vaccination-stu dies/
[notify]