GO!

Boxers anus swollen

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Jackson

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 1:35pm PST 
My boxers anus region is swollen as u can see in the photos on his profile. does this look abnormal or am I just being paranoid?

Edited by author Sun Jan 20, '13 1:47pm PST

[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 5:53pm PST 
You should have a vet check him out.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 6:53pm PST 
I agree it'd be hard to tell what it is by pictures could be anal gland issue, maybe cancerous? Who knows.

I hope the vet visit goes well.
[notify]

Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 10:10pm PST 
When I was a vet tech, we had a saying: "Any abnormality on a Boxer is considered cancer until proven otherwise". They are VERY cancer-prone, I'd get it looked at ASAP.
[notify]
Jackson

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 7:04am PST 
Now what kind of cancer screening can vets offer me? Is it better To go to my local vet or a humane society where they more likely have the equipment to diagnose the problem.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 9:32am PST 
Go to your local vet. He will be able to tell you if you have an anul gland issue or other medical problem. Any local vet should be able to tell if something needs to be biopsied, do a basic needle biopsy or take a sample and send it off for tests.

Try not to worry too much, it may be something antibiotics can cure or some anomaly specific to your dog and even if it is cancer, catching it early can go a long way to curing the problem.

Good Luck
[notify]
Jackson

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 11:33am PST 
Thanks for all the advice I can't afford the vet till Wednesday but ill update when I find out more info
[notify]