GO!

Dog coughing up white foam

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 6:23pm PST 
My 5 years old pom started to cough up white foam yesterday. We took him to a vet, he didn't do any blood test or x-ray and told me it is just a flu, but he is not getting better with the medication, he still cough a lot. No diarehha, no vomitting, havent been to boarding and dogpark(we don't have one here). Searching on google only freaks me out more. Does anyone had the same experience before? What's going on with my dog? I can't take him to another vet as we are having a really bad flood over here. Please help!
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 9:26pm PST 
What is he eating? I am just wondering cause I heard a specific dog food has been causing weird symptoms.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 2:48am PST 
He has been on orijen for months, i don't think its the food. I checked and there's no foreign object stuck there. He is still coughing up the white foam now. I'm really worried as we can't go through the flood to find vet. frown
[notify]

Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 9:34am PST 
I would find another vet as soon as you can. I changed vets several times before I found one I like. If he gets worse, then I would find a way to get him to the vet sooner. You can also call a vet. Sometimes they will give advice over the phone if you can't get there right away. I'm pretty sure that the doggie flu isn't something to mess with. Good Luck!
[notify]