GO!

Rocky was attacked!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 4 of 5: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 4:27am PST 
hughughughughug Hoping Rocky is feeling a bit better today. I'm sure it will take some time before all is back to normal.wishes on a continued speedy recovery and no further problems.big hugflowers
[notify]
Sully &- Socks Our- Angel

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 6:31am PST 
So very sorry this happened to Rocky and hope he heals completely with no complications. Sending lots of POTP, poor boy!hughughughughug
[notify]
Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 7:39am PST 
He's much better this morning. For an old guy he's recovering wonderfully. I left him out of the crate this morning and he was trying to run around (me of course trying to keep him from doing it) then tried to run upstairs to see my husband who wasn't downstairs yet. He ate a decent breakfast this morning. The first half decent meal since the accident, about a quarter cup of kibble with pumpkin and hot dog mixed in. He's going to be quite spoiled in the food department by the time this is all said and done lol. Tomorrow he gets his drainage tube out which hasn't drained at all since sunday.
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 10:16am PST 
We are so glad to hear that he is feeling much better.cheercheer wishes on keeping him a bit more quiet until he is fully recovered,that can be quite a challenge. We are fortunate that our pups were never seriously injured but we had an awful time convincing them that they needed to take it easy after spay and neuter surgeries,especially Kai with the neuter,the day after,we didn't even give pain meds hoping that he would take it easy to avoid ouchies but even that didn't help. We had to resort to lots of frozen filled kongs instead of regular meals to slow him down.Please keep us posted on Rocky's recovery and we are so happy for both of you that he is feeling so much better already.hugwishesflowers
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 8:43pm PST 
Praying for a speedy recovery for Rocky.hug
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 5:27am PST 
Glad to hear he's continuing to do better big grinhughughughughug
[notify]
Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 5:43am PST 
We've been letting rocky sleep in the crate downstairs for the past few nights so he wouldn't have to do the stairs (we can't really pick him up since his chest and neck are horrible) but last night he wasn't having it. He yipped and barked and howled until we let him out. Of course he ran right up the steps lol. We happened to have our other crate upstairs so he slept in that (if not he'd have jumped up in bed or slid on his belly under it *cringe*). I think he's tired of feeling left out. He went right to sleep then. He's resting comfortably in the couch now. I gave up trying to keep him from jumping up on it. Last night I tried my best to lift him without hurting him but he still whined so better to let him do it on his own. I'm a little nervous about taking him to get this drainage tube out today. I'm afraid it's going to hurt him and I'm afraid he'll be crazy in the car (it's his favorite thing). I finally counted all his stitches, at least I think I got them all. I counted 19 in 7 different spots.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 7:00am PST 
cheercheercheercheercheercheer For Rocky. Glad he is healing so quickly. I was afraid it was going to be difficult to keep him calm while he heals. Hoping the drainage tube comes out without a problem and is not painful for him.wishes on his continued recovery.hughughughug
[notify]
Lexus

shy girl

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 5:05am PST 
partywisheshug glad he is feeling better!!
[notify]
Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 4:22am PST 
Just wanted to let everyone know that rocky's drainage tube came out just fine, most of his bruising has faded out and he's down to a half a pain pill 3 times a day. He's energetic and feeling good but his throat is still sore and healing. I think he may have had some damage under the skin in his throat. When he gets really excited and barks and pants, he almost sounds like it's hard to breathe and his bark sounds a bit different than before. It's getting better but still worries me. The section of fencing that was missing had finally been fixed and there's no way that he can escape to the neighbors yard now.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 5: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5