GO!

Rocky was attacked!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:03am PST 
I am so sorry....I can't imagine that happening to my dogs. Have you spoken to the owners?

I'm sure Rocky will need a few days to feel better. Sending lots of PoP

hughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:20am PST 
Scooter-I haven't talked to them since we got back from the emergency vet. I should run into them this morning on the way to the school (we both walk our kids down). They were over immediately after it happened asking what they can do to help but I didn't know at that point what was up yet.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:29am PST 
ok...I'm hoping Rocky feels better soon. I know the first couple of days after something like that are the hardest and then they start to feel better. I asked my PAWSs Wags for Kindness Group to send Rocky PoP too

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]

Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:54am PST 
Thanks for the PoP Scooter and pup pal request smile I think he's doing surprisingly well. He was just up and moving again, drinking water, peeing, and even ate a treat smile he even seems to be walking more normal already. Not bad for an old guy smile as long as all goes well he should be healed and good as new for his ninth birthday next month. I called or regular very already this morning and set up an appointment for Wednesday to have his drainage tune removed (which rather makes me cringe). I didn't see the neighbor this morning but I do every day after school so I guess I'll talk to them then.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 6:09am PST 
Good...glad he was up a bit today big grin He'll do better each day and once that drain comes out, he'll feel better too. Keep us updated. I hope he gets better quickly! big grinhugflowers
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 6:52am PST 
Poor Rocky. We are praying for a speedy recovery as well as sending hugs and best wishes to all of you. It is very difficult for everyone when things like this happen. i'm glad Rocky seems to be on the mend already and hope he continues to recover quickly and without complications.hughughughugwisheswisheswisheswishes To Rocky and family.
[notify]
Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 8:11am PST 
Well, our neighbor stopped over to check on rocky a little bit ago and was really upset at how much they'd torn him up. Rocky willingly came out of his crate and let her pet him and give him a treat. That must have been too much excitement for him because he's passed out in the crate again. I guess one of her dogs has some small cuts on his back leg and a fat lip. Sparkles had jumped into the fight to try to save her rocky (neighbor got to them before I did so she let go). She's only going to be a year old tomorrow! It's good she was trying to protect her pack but I hope she doesn't grow up to be excessively protective or dog aggressive now. Thank God she didn't get hurt too.
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 2:47pm PST 
Poor Rocky! Sending healing thoughts.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:24pm PST 
Poor Rocky, I'm so sorry you had to go through such a frightening experience. Glad he's on the mend so soon!!! You just want to make super sure he can't get into that yard againlittle angel
[notify]
Rocky

SQUIRREL!!

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:38pm PST 
Believe me, the gap in the fence will be fixed before the weekend and nobody is going out unsupervised. I feel bad keeping him crated but he needs to heal. He obviously wants out. I'll probably keep him crated and only give him short periods out until he gets his drainage tube out on Wednesday just to make sure his most critical healing time is spent resting.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5