GO!

acid reflex recommendation natural or nonnatural

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Precious- Pearl

PROUD TO BE- PRETTY

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 6:14pm PST 
vet says i may have it since i vomit undigested food once in a while or sometimes spit food
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 8:54pm PST 
You can try an antacid, ask your vet for what they recommend. You could try digestive enzymes. You could also try small more frequent meals. If your pup eats fast, find a way to slow down their eating. You may also want to consider a diet change because sometimes reflux can be caused by a food allergy.
[notify]
TUCKER

BOOM! Tucky- Tucky!

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 2:33pm PST 
Scruffy pretty much summed it up. I have also heard that low protien and low fat (around 20% and under 10% respectivly) can help too. Works well for our boy, he has it due to his Mast Cell cancer. He still gets flare ups every now and again, but the acid controller(famotadine) and probiotics and the food have helped to reduce the reflux. He is also on benadryl to controlled the over production of histhamines from the Mast Cells.
[notify]