GO!

Vaccine reactions? Vet says no, but...

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Bella

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 9:40am PST 
I'm wondering about vaccine reactions. I've read a lot about them online, as I think my dog is in the midst of one. She has become an anxious, protective, aggressive, and scared dog after being healthy and happy. The vet is blaming the "stress of the holidays" but I don't think that's it. The vet won't do any blood work or anything beyond a physical exam (which didn't find anything) for "another few weeks" as she is sure the holidays are to blame.

Has your dog ever had a vaccine reaction that resulted in irritable, anxious, worried behavior?
[notify]
Tucker

SQUIRREL! !

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 12:46pm PST 
I heard of something called vaccinosis. But I don't think its extremely common
[notify]
Huckleberry

The opposite of- cross-eyed.

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 3:13pm PST 
When Huck got his first rabies vaccine he got really itchy at first, REALLY obsessive about chewing and a few days later he got violently ill. He also developed a lump at the injection site that lasted for almost three months. I kept asking the vet if it could have been a reaction to the vaccine. I found so many people online that had the same exact experience. The first vets that saw him where I take him would not say that it could be related to the vaccine. I took him back to the vet a couple weeks after I had originally taken him in when he was sick and the vet I saw said it absolutely did sound like it may have been a reaction. She sent a report to the manufacturer of the vaccine and made a note in his records for next time. Did Bella develop a lump at the vaccine site?
[notify]

Huckleberry

The opposite of- cross-eyed.

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 3:16pm PST 
When Huck got his first rabies vaccine he got really itchy at first, REALLY obsessive about chewing and a few days later he got violently ill. He also developed a lump at the injection site that lasted for almost three months. I kept asking the vet if it could have been a reaction to the vaccine. I found so many people online that had the same exact experience. The first vets that saw him where I take him would not say that it could be related to the vaccine. I took him back to the vet a couple weeks after I had originally taken him in when he was sick and the vet I saw said it absolutely did sound like it may have been a reaction. She sent a report to the manufacturer of the vaccine and made a note in his records for next time. Did Bella develop a lump at the vaccine site?
[notify]