GO!

Ridley has demodex :/

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Ridley

Cry cry cry!

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 5:03pm PST 
I swear to the powers that be, this poor baby just can't catch a break.

He's had this little patch on his forehead for a little over a week now. Its sort of scabby, and would periodically open up and bleed a little. I figured he got it scrapping with Mulder, and didn't think much of it.

Then yesterday at OB training, my instructor pointed out that the spot looked sort of like mange. My first reaction was NO POSSIBLE WAY, but I took him in anyway just to be sure... and of course, it is a localized demodex breakout.

Just so frustrated... it has to be from stress, the holidays have been sort of bumpy this year, and I haven't had as much time to work with him lately. I've even been having to day board him a few days a week (with my OB instructor) because I feel so guilty about leaving him at home with nothing to do (Mulder, thankfully, isn't as bothered by everything that's going on).

Plus I haven't has as much time to prep their meals, so for the last couple of weeks I've only been doing a couple days a week of raw... they've mostly been getting kibble and I worry that's added to this.

Blaaa, he's being treated, and its not that bad... just wanted to vent confused

I feel bad for him.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 7:02pm PST 
hughug Sorry to hear you and Ridley are going through thishughug
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 8:28pm PST 
hughug
[notify]

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 9:18pm PST 
hughug
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 6:13pm PST 
I know what it's like to never catch a break. Just hang in there. At least Ridley has a good home. Some people just wouldn't care and would let it get out of hand. Good Luck with him. hug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 4:56pm PST 
hughughug To you and Ridley. We hope that you are soon able to get the mange under control. Also hoping that you sonn get the chance to relax and just enjoy Mulder,Ridley and life. wishes to all of you.
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 9:35pm PST 
It's so frustrating. hug Nix had it, but we didn't treat it other than making sure the area stayed clean. The worst thing about it is just waiting for it to clear up and the fur to grow back. Poor Ridley hug
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 9:45pm PST 
Sorry this happened. hug JT's butt was bald once from demodex and it was the most embarrassing thing ever.Everyone was staring. red face I hope it clears up soon.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 10:19pm PST 
Sorry about this it's been stressful year for me too.. Not dog related mostly family, but still stress none the less. :

At least it's something treatable. Get well soon Ridley.
[notify]