GO!

My dog doesnt want to eat and she threw up yellow foamy?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Minnie

Ms.lovetobepet

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 11:18am PST 
I was walking my dog and she was eating the grass idk why so i told her no obviously then a few minutes after she threw up yellow and it looked foamy so while i was hurrying back to the house i was searching what it was and it says that its because her stomach is empty and my dog didnt want to eat breakfast this morning. so when we got home I put the bowl full of food in front of her and she doesnt want to eat and now im really worried ! My dad just told me now that in the morning when he was walking her she had a ate a small food near the garbage can, maybe that why shes like that ? and now she is just laying down doing nothing. what do i do ?
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 3:46pm PST 
I would get her to the vet. If this is unusual for her and she ate something unknown, it could be really serious. Please keep us posted on how she does. I would definitely take her to the vet. Good Luck!
[notify]
Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 3:54pm PST 
Definitely take her to the vet. She could have ate something posionious or just something that isn't suiting her stomach. Vet is a must.
[notify]

Turner

Canadian- Champion, CGN

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 9:18pm PST 
Since she ate something and you don't know what it was, take her to a vet, especially if this isn't her normal behaviour.

Dogs from time to time eat grass, mine does whenever we are running around a lot outside. I think he does it when he can't get a drink. But I have also heard they eat grass to make themselves throw up. Sometimes if something is upsetting their stomach they will do this.

My dog also occasionally pukes up yellow foamy stuff. Not too often, but it does happen even when nothing else has changed. I think sometimes stuff doesn't sit in his stomach properly and he throws up to try and make things better (dogs do this with food if it doesn't sit properly as well, sometimes if it's not chewed enough for example.)

I hope she will be OK. Normally I would think much of it but this is different since she may have eaten something that's not good for her.
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 6:15pm PST 
How's your dog doing?
[notify]