GO!

Anyone ever had a bump on their dogs cornea?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Tucker

SQUIRREL! !

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 8:36am PST 
My Tucker has been back and forth with eye problems. He had a suture rub his eye after surgery which caused an ulcer back in August. He goes weeks to months with no issues then something happens.
As of this week Wednesday when I looked at him, he has a small swelling, comes up to a peak almost where his old ulcer scar is. If you shine a bright light on it, it is white in color.
I work at a vet so he spent the last few days and had the Dr look at him. I also have a relationship with a DVM opthlamologist. I emailed her, and because of the holidays and work schedule I can't get him in until this thursday. She seems pretty stumped as well.
I looked through tons of images on the internet, to find nothing similar. Other then fuchs disease in humans.
I am seriously considering taking him to MSU so they can fully work him up.
Anyones dog ever have this?
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 12:56pm PST 
Without seeing it, it is difficult to say, BUT, healed ulcers often develop scar tissue at the ulcer site. This is usually white and is raised in appearance. Usually they do not bother the dog in any way.
[notify]
Tucker

SQUIRREL! !

Barked: Sun Dec 23, '12 10:14pm PST 
The crazy thing was his last ulcer was Oct 20ish and its been 2 months! He had a perfectly smooth eye with a light white hazey flat scar for the last 2 months.
This time his eye is free of ulcers and no other tests showed anything. At work we don't have a fancy slit lamp but my regular DVM guessing something wrong with epithelium. I'm almost hoping he still has symptoms Thursday when I have appt. with eye dr.
I'm just so beyond frustrated how can he be fine and have no injury nothing and all the sudden this new white bump on his eye!
[notify]

Tucker

SQUIRREL! !

Barked: Sun Dec 23, '12 10:51pm PST 
The crazy thing was his last ulcer was Oct 20ish and its been 2 months! He had a perfectly smooth eye with a light white hazey flat scar for the last 2 months.
This time his eye is free of ulcers and no other tests showed anything. At work we don't have a fancy slit lamp but my regular DVM guessing something wrong with epithelium. I'm almost hoping he still has symptoms Thursday when I have appt. with eye dr.
I'm just so beyond frustrated how can he be fine and have no injury nothing and all the sudden this new white bump on his eye!
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 4:27am PST 
It normally takes two to three months for that scar tissue to form.
[notify]