GO!

Horseradish Dip...he ate half a container

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 4:41pm PST 
The vet is closed and it was maybe 1/2 an 8 ounce container...but is horseradish dip anything dreadful for dogs or just not the healthiest thing but it's not going to hurt him...anyone know???

We got spoiled by Sophie, you can leave things on the coffee table, even meat and she will not grab food. Callie on the other hand...shock
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 4:54pm PST 
What are the ingredients in the dip?

At the very least I'd be prepared for rocket butt.

Edited by author Tue Dec 18, '12 4:56pm PST

[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 4:56pm PST 
Um ... Well, I've never heard that horse radish is dangerous. The dairy component might give him the squitters, though.
[notify]

Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 5:11pm PST 
No. And it's actually very healthful. A super food, anti carcinogen, pain reliever, can help combat infection. I agree the poos may be funny in the next day, but there is no principle reason to worry.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 9:27am PST 
From the label it was mostly sour cream and flavoring etcetc and he's fine today, whatta piggie...
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 10:59am PST 
Silly dog! And a cast iron stomach apparently.
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 5:11pm PST 
yah horseradish is good for dogs. Though it was probably the sour cream that attracted him. It's strange how dogs like spicy things. Mine ate a whole tube of real wasabi. It was an expensive tube!

I am always amazed at a dog's ability to self medicate. Horseradish, locust beans, catalpa beans, bark, dandelions. usually stuff that has anti-inflammatory, antihistimeine, digestive properties.
[notify]