GO!

Could this actually be vertigo?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Lily

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 1:40pm PST 
I'm not sure why my link isn't working, oops!

I have littermates who have Episodic Ataxia, a neurological disease that we believe resulted due to vaccinations. Ataxia is listed as a side-effect and humans have developed this disorder after vaccinations.

Some episodes are more mild than others and they seem to have no particular pattern. Toxins and exercise bring them on more frequently.

Maybe this video will work:

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/maddy_ciccone18/librar y/Episodic Ataxia

For some reason it keeps putting a space after the -y in the link, delete that space and the link should work and it will lead you to a few videos.

Edited by author Sat Dec 22, '12 1:48pm PST

[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 3:46pm PST 
Lily, this pup was born with this condition, it is unlikely it is the result of vaccinations since he had it prior to ANY vaccinations.
Actually, I came back to edit this response as this information WASN'T available in this thread... the OP has written previous posts prior to her getting this pup about his problems so it is not a newly developing condition. Hope that makes it a bit clearer???
I, too, have a toy poodle with Episodic Ataxia, believed to have started with his last Rabies vaccine three years ago. In addition to the coordination and balance issues he has also lost all nerve and muscle on his rear leg where the vaccine was given. It's been three years and there is no return of either muscle or nerve function to date.

Edited by author Sat Dec 22, '12 3:51pm PST

[notify]
Lily

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 7:22pm PST 
That's interesting you have a pup with Episodic Ataxia. I wonder if there are more out there and just undiagnosed. My pup, Lily started hers after her first puppy booster and my boy started after his rabies. So sad to hear about the leg frown Do you find certain things bring on episodes for your pup? We know exercise, stress, and we've noticed when they eat processed food it triggers them more. Obviously heart worm/flea but we haven't done those in a couple years now.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2