GO!

Twist is at the vets

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 6:06am PST 
Thanks Jackson.wink
[notify]
Mitchell- Rapp "Black- Ops"

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 8:53pm PST 
Glad to hear that Twister is doing well and on the road to recovery. Your sister must feel terrible, but things do happen. Heck, we have seen dogs who have been just playing and have gotten alittle too rough and left some fairly rough bite wounds. My own dogs play pretty rough sometimes.
Be careful when it comes to using hydrogen peroxide as it has been found that even though it does clean up bad cells it also kills new cells and does not help in the healing process. I guess it is now considered old school medicine.
Hope Twister continues to heal.dog
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 9:45am PST 
Yeah, I was concerned about using peroxide, but it was all I had at the time and I was more afraid of the wound getting infected. It looks like it is healing nicely though, and Twister doesn't seem to be bothered by it very much. We took a small hike yesterday and he loved it! dog walk
[notify]

Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 2:25pm PST 
Glad Twister bounced back so quickly cheer
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 2:26pm PST 
Glad Twist is doing well!! cheercheer
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 3:55pm PST 
Yay! Glad he's doing better! cheer

Also glad to hear about the fence, I wasn't aware they were working on it. way to go
[notify]
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 12:08pm PST 
Twister sounds like you and I are both having to take a dog in to have stitches taken out. One of the little dogs I am caring for got hurt somehow we dont know how but we think it was the mean cat. She had a really deep gash to her front right leg right around the elbow. I cleaned it and bandaged it till i could get her in to see the vet who had to give her two shots of the anesthesia one so he could prep and clean the leg which she burned through before he could get it prepped and the other so he could stitch it up. She burned through it as well and was bouncing around just like she does at home. We left her at the vet for less than two hours and she was all bouncy just like she is here at home. Garnet weighs 9.8 pounds at 7 months old. She goes in Saturday and gets her stitches out. The vet put her on clavamox for infection and she takes them like a champ.
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 12:39pm PST 
Glad she is doing well! Twist had to get seven stitches to close it up (he gets his taken out next Thursday), he was awake when we picked him up but was a bit out of it until the next day, so far he is doing well. He has been scratching a ton, but I'm not sure if it's a reaction to any of the medication or from the weather change.thinking

Edited by author Thu Dec 20, '12 12:41pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 2:12pm PST 
Glad to hear your pup is on the mend! That's scary. If you're having ongoing problems with the neighbors, you could always put a camera outside to get proof, I think they have some motion activated ones that aren't that expensive.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 9:43pm PST 
Opiod painkillers can make you very itchy from histamine reaction, so that might be all it is.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3