GO!

Ginger Really Needs Your Positive Thoughts/Prayers

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Ginger

Head of Ranch- Security

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 5:12pm PST 
Ginger is spending the night at the E-Vet tonight after my mom came home today and found Ginger unable to get up and use her legs.

Ginger does not live with me but I do still never much consider her my dog as we got her on my birthday when I was in 3rd grade so I pretty much grew up with this dog and she has been in my family for over half my life.

According to my parents she'll curl her toes if you mess with the hair between her toes which the vet said was significant but he didnt say good or bad and my parents were too worried to ask. They are giving her anti-inflammatories and steriods tonight and will watch her tonight. They will be doing xrays in the morning. Of course the possible list of things the vet mentioned it could be were all very serious, life ending issues we are just hoping it is none of those things and hopefully something treatable. Shes 14 and so shes pretty old but beside dental problems and hearing loss she is a healthy dog who has shown no signs of anything wrong.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 5:32pm PST 
Good Luck! Hope she's better soon.....hug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 6:01pm PST 
hughughughugwishes
[notify]

Lily

Woof!

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 7:05pm PST 
hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 7:36pm PST 
Wishing Ginger a full recovery with nothing serious.

hug
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 7:53pm PST 
hugwisheshug
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 7:54pm PST 
The thing about the toes is likely good....it means she has sensation there, which would be important to her using her legs again. She's an old girl so you need to be realistic, but if you wanted to know what it meant, it is the more encouraging answer. Best wishes to you all....I will be thinking about you hug
[notify]
Angel Lexi- ...Gone But- Never

Angel Kisses And- Butterfly- Whispers

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 8:30pm PST 
hughughughughughughug
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 5:59am PST 
I agree...the fact that she feels something is significant. I'll be praying for her. hughughughughughug
[notify]
Ginger

Head of Ranch- Security

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 12:05pm PST 
The X-ray came up clean. The vet believes that she had a stroke. He said that it is unlikely she'll gain back any use of her legs. He said shes not in any pain and we could take her home with meds with hope that she might regain the use of legs its unlikely but stranger things have happened. Or the second option is to put her down. We are going to have a family conference this evening to talk about it. This really sucks.
[notify]
(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4