GO!

Human hair in puppy poo??

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 2:23pm PST 
Alright, this might sound really nasty and gross, but it's making me a little worried.

Once in a while, my puppy Riza (she's about 4 months old) will poop and just start crying and running around while she's trying to poop. I've had to grab a paper towel and pull it out of her butt several times and everytime, there's been a hair that's making her cry. Always it's been a long human hair.

Again, I know it sounds nasty and gross and all this stuff, but it's getting me worried. Is it alright? Is there something I can do to stop it? What should I do?
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 5:26am PST 
It happens, we people shed too and puppies tend to have their mouths on everything. Aside from keeping her away from brushes and combs and keeping her out of places like the bathroom or bedroom where you use them there is really nothing you can do except help her,it is likely that the hair is not bothering her but the inability to leave the poop behind is.smile
[notify]
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 1:36pm PST 
Haha. this is a problem for my dogs even full grown.I have hair that's 29 inches long. Dogs scrounge everywhere, it seems. They shuffle and whine when the poop won't come off, but it's not hurting. It's just frustrating. Best not to pull it, just take a small scissor and cut through the thread attaching the poo and dispose of the poo properly.The hair will all come out in time, but with tiny dogs and puppies, it's better not to pull.
[notify]

Huckleberry

The opposite of- cross-eyed.

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 5:48pm PST 
I work at a doggy daycare and you wouldn't believe some of the things that we have seen dogs poop!! I wouldn't worry about the hairsmile
[notify]