GO!

Tiny bumps all over Cookie's head?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Cookie

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 6:01am PST 
When I have pet Cookie's head lately I have noticed little bumps on his scalp. At first I thought he had a tick but once i parted the hair away from the bump it was skin color. He has a bunch of them on his head. They almost feel like grains of sand and are as small as a poppy seed. Does anyone have any idea what they could be? I know they are fairly new because I have only noticed them since his last hair cut.
[notify]
Cookie

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 6:08am PST 
They look and feel like skin tags........
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 9:43am PST 
The only way for sure to find out what is the problem is to have your vet examine him. If a treatment is necessary, he will prescribe what is needed.

Edited by moderator Sat Dec 22, '12 11:51am PST

Edited by forums moderator

Cookie

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 10:40am PST 
Yeah I didn't think it was mange either after I googled it. I don't think its anything I need to go running to the Vet with I was just curious. They literally are like tiny warts, about the size of a grain of sand. He isn't bothered by them at all I was just looking to see if anyone knew what they were? He has about 5 that I noticed sporadically spaced on his scalp.
[notify]
The Roo- Crew™- ©®

We go together- like peas &- carrots

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 4:40pm PST 
Please keep all responses fun, friendly and informative. smile

And remember what it says at the top of the page:

"This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog. "