GO!

spine and hip bone showing?!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Kristen

Rub My Belly!

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 4:37am PST 
As somebody suggested, I would look into the possibility of spondylosis. In a dog with spondylosis, you will see the spine, but not because they are underweight. Veterinarians can correct this condition with surgery.
[notify]
Seth

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 10:08am PST 
Mine have a huge backyard to play in also. They are out all the time. Mine also are kind of thin. But very healthy. I do not think it is a big deal either.
[notify]
Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 7:52pm PST 
I was on the floor playing with her and she stood up in front of me and just looked at me. I noticed she has gotten very thin and i can very SLIMLY see her ribs. Anything i could possibly feed her to make her gain weight. Her dog food is fine. I looked at the ingridents. We have three older dogs here and i think she gets bullied when it comes to dinnner
[notify]

Lily

Woof!

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 8:11pm PST 
She sounds fine, according to her profile she's a year old, correct? Some dogs don't fill out till they are 2 or 3 years old, so she may still have some filling out to do. I wouldn't worry about it, it's better for dogs to be on the thin side, less stress on the joints.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2