GO!

Shorty's tummy issues. Advice?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 36)  
1  2  3  4  
Jim

Throw the Dang- Ball!

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 10:16am PST 
Corn can be a nutritious dog food ingredient. But, some dogs just can't tolerate it. Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with feeding corn if your dog tolerates it well. If your dog can't tolerate it, then don't feed it. But, corn is a very healthy grain. Just with any food item, if one doesn't tolerate it, then that isn't a good food for you. Most dogs don't seem to have a probelm with it. I think a lot of dog parents are a bit too overconcerned with corn. They seem to see it as a taboo ingredient. I just haven't seen any proof that corn is truely bad for dogs. Honestly, there is a lot of corn-based myths online. Most dogs can tolerate it, but some just can't. Shorty sounds like one of these dogs that can't tolerate corn. In that case, it should be removed from his diet.
[notify]
Shorty

Bring the ball- back? Why?

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 6:47am PST 
I have read some of those myth vs facts sites myself. And I agree with you. But its the only thing I could think of to try at home to figure out Shorty's dilemma.
That being said, we have made a new record! Today is day 4 of eating in a row!!
[notify]
Shorty

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 9:38am PST 
DAY 5!!! party
[notify]

Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 2:29pm PST 
Glad Shorty is doing better! I know how frustrating it can be having a dog with tummy issues. hug
[notify]
Shorty

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 9:27am PST 
SHORTY IS ON DAY 8! AND slowly making his way back to dry food. He kept trying to run off with the canned stuff like he was used to doing when he was well.

Do you think its normal that his stool is so soft though? I walk him and get nothing out of him. Then half an hour later its on the floor. Its not so much a problem as annoying. Do I wait to see if it firms up? Or is there something I can give him?
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 10:39am PST 
Yay Shorty!! cheercheercheer

He might still be adjusting to the food. Some dogs can take up to 3 weeks to adjust to a new food. For now you can add some canned pumpkin. Plain pumpkin, not the pie filling. Pumpkin can help firm things up and it can get things moving, so don't give too much, try maybe half a teaspoon to start and go from there. Or you can try adding some probiotics to his food.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 36)  
1  2  3  4