GO!

Vet Tags?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 1:05pm PST 
How many people have tags with their vets phone number and information on it? I was thinking of getting a double sided one to put her vets info on it. Good idea?
[notify]
Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 1:15pm PST 
My rabies tag has the vet info on it.way to go
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 1:43pm PST 
Thanks Cheyenne Star. Kashmir's rabies shot was done by a vet that retired so hes not in practice anymore. Her rabies doesnt expire until 2014 so until then i was thinking of getting one with the vets info on it.
[notify]

Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 4:52pm PST 
I do. I also have it listed in the info for their Micro chip. smile
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 11:48pm PST 
I know someone with a dog that has health issue so they have what type of issue and their vets number in case the dog got lost and someone found the dog.

I think it's a good idea especially if the dog has medical need like seizure or something.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 7:10am PST 
Thanks everyone Im going to make her one. cheer
[notify]
Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 1:05pm PST 
I also made a tag with her microchip info on it...I think making a tag is as good decision smile
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '12 2:00pm PST 
If there's room on the tag I put my vet's phone number on it. My dog has a Boomerang CollarTag and the last line has Vet: and then they vet's phone number.

One of my cats has autoimmune issues and severe allergies so I got him a double-sided tag, one side says-
Medic Alert:
-Needs Meds
-Rx Diet Only

The other side has my contact info and my vet's phone number... The 'Rx diet' thing is so hopefully people won't feed him some random food, since if he gets the wrong food he gets really bad skin reactions that can take weeks or longer to clear up, and he will literally chew holes in his skin. frown His previous tag said "Do Not Feed" instead but I thought this might confuse people less... I did not mention the allergies thing on it because I know people misunderstand allergies or don't get how serious they can be.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 10:54am PST 
Well i called the microchip company and they sent me a sheet to update her information including the vets info. I also ordered a new tag as hers is falling apart. I will still think about having a plastic vet tag but just thought i would say everythings updated!! cheer
[notify]
Bridget

Just Going With- the Flow

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 4:56am PST 
My dogs all have tags with my phone number and the vet's phone number on them. They are also microchipped. All three are licensed with our city, too. I've made up lost pet packets for each of them (photos, rabies vaccination certificate, license number, microchip number, and microchip company contact information) just in case one of my babies every gets lost. I even have already made lost posters for all three of them! laugh out loud I also have a humane dog trap, so I'm probably more prepared than anybody! My elderly neighbors have a sweet cat that I just love and I even paid to have her microchipped and bought her an ID tag for her collar. It's a good idea to keep a contact list handy of all the local animal shelters in the area, which I keep on my fridge. I feel good about convincing my neighbors to keep their cat indoors instead of letting her roam around outside as she pleases. If my dogs are not inside or in my securely fenced backyard, then they are on a leash!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2