GO!

Frontline Ineffective?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 10:36am PST 
Here is a list of flea and tick drops. It lists what they do and what the active ingredients are.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?aid=281

(Please remove any spaces that may appear in the URL.)
[notify]
Alonzo

Toilet Water- Just Tastes- Better

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 11:14am PST 
There are alternative methods to keep fleas away. Alonzo once had fleas, and I thought I would never get rid of them! But, using poison on your dog is only causing him to suffer more - from both fleas and from toxins! There are very effective and NONTOXIC ways to control fleas. I've used them with great success. Both on Alonzo and around my property. As well as in my home! For example, a dehumidifier makes your home (and anything in your home, including your dog) an inhospitable place to live. Fleas need humidity to thrive. I would say the dehumidifier got rid of probably half the flea population alone! That is a considerable amount, when I take into account just how many there were. Poor Alonzo was scratching like crazy! He has never had fleas since. I will never put poison on my dog for any reason.
[notify]
Ninja PD- SR-1 MBDCh- FM TF3

Take That!

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 11:26am PST 
Thanks Lily, i'll check out the link!
[notify]

Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 12:11pm PST 
Frontline plus ..still working for us.....happy dance

Hugs & Farts
Thor...wave
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 1:35pm PST 
We used Frontline plus the anti flea pill from the vet and even that combination didn't seem to cut down the fleas. Fortunate we've never seen much in the way of ticks though ewwww
[notify]
Riley

Good Friends,- Good Food, Good- Life

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 3:19pm PST 
You could try the new Costco flea medicine.
Kirkland at Costco came out with a flea medication that used the same ingredient as Frontline. It was considerably cheaper and had a lot more packets in it, so I switched one of my dogs to it as a test. I was suspicious that it was too good to be true. No one got fleas, even the one on Frontline. But I've never really had a flea problem to start with in the first place. shrug

Edited by author Sat Dec 1, '12 3:20pm PST

[notify]
Wilbur

Texas Fatso

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 10:04pm PST 
I work as a professional dog trainer, and I've actually heard this a lot. I'm wondering if people just aren't using is properly. However, one of my client's dogs has been on Frontline for two years and suddenly it stopped working. My personal experience with Frontline is somewhat mixed. I've used it on my dogs for a long time and it has worked just fine. Unfortunately, I decided not to put flea medication on last winter and the dogs got infected, and Frontline didn't kill the fleas! My sister told me that Frontline stopped working for her cats. A fellow professional dog trainer told me that it has stopped working in our area. My vet thinks that fleas are becoming immune to Frontline. I asked friends on Facebook if Frontline worked for them, and most of them told me that it didn't. So, I think it is probably the product itself that is not working, not that people aren't applying it properly.
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 4:50am PST 
Diatomaceous earth can work well for treating your house and yard; however I have not had success with "natural" treatments for my dogs.
[notify]
Uma

Leader of the- Pack

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 10:10pm PST 
I've had the same problem. I've been using it for 8 years, too. I actually contacted them about this problem. They would not honor their guarentee. The only way they would is if I used it for three months and there were still fleas, which I refused to do to my dogs. I now use Advantage. I actually filed a complaint against Frontline. Not only with the BBB, but with my state's attorney general. I refuse to buy anything made by Merial. I will not do business with them. This means I don't use HeartGuard either. I now use Interceptor. My dogs had never had fleas until Frontline failed to work. It was horrible! I was traveling and there was no way I could ask anybody to look after my dogs with them being infested with fleas. So, I had to cancel our vacation. Merial couldn't care less about that either!
[notify]
Murphy

Dogs are angels- with fur!

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 9:54am PST 
Murphy was on Frontline Plus quite awhile and then it became ineffective on him, plus he hated having it put on, had a nervous effect on him. I changed to K9 Advantix and it works great, no side effects and is very effective. From what I have heard a lot of people have had problems with Frontline.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4