GO!

Epitheliotropic Lymphoma

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 12:42pm PST 
i"m so sorry you are having to go through this. I'm sorry for the poor prognosis. The predisone will help fight it a little, but in the end, it just helps to stimulate your appetite make you feel a little stronger. It slows it down a little bit.

The best thing to do is to make Chester as comfortable as possible. He has you guys to help make things as pain free as possible. My heart goes out to you

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Laika

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 7:18am PST 
I am sorry to hear about Chester. Laika was diagnosed with Epitheliotropic Lymphoma about 14 months ago. She has been a bit luckier than most with her journey. It is not curable like some other types of lymphoma: it is rare and only affects about 3-8% of diagnosed lymphomas. But it can go into remission for a bit. Please message me if you have specific questions, I can tell you what meds I used for her and what didn't work.
I will help any way I can.
[notify]
Chester, A- Springer- Angel

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 9:06am PST 
Happy New Year everyone. party

I'm still stable and the cancer doesn't seem to have spread so the new year is starting out fairly well. I am really enjoying the snow and making snow angels.

Laika, I would appreciate any info you have and TY. I'm very sorry to hear you are going through the same thing though.

Cheers,
Chester
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 2:53pm PST 
Chester, thanks for coming back and keeping us posted... we've been thinking about you, glad you are doing okay!!! Snow angels are FUN!
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 5:16am PST 
Chester, glad you are doing well. way to go Snow angels are good. Enjoy the snow...it's one of my favorite things too cloud 9hughughughugflowers
[notify]
Laika

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 12:15pm PST 
I am so sorry to let you know that Laika has passed away, Dec 29th. The ulcers/lesions on her belly became too painful for her. It has been a very hard couple of weeks without her but I am glad I had the time I did with her even after her diagnoses.
She was diagnosed in October of 2011 though she had the lesions for a couple of months before that, in the beginning of the summer. Originally the vet suggested a skin infection (she did have a staph infection), food allergies or an immune issue. We tested her for an immune issue (she ended up having thyroid issues) and treated her on antibiotics and thryoid medication but after two weeks I brought her back since her skin did not seem to get better. After trying her on different food I brought her in for a skin biopsy (which my vet recommended from the get go). And that is when we got the news. Over the year and a bit that she was undergoing treatment we did Loumistine once a month as well as daily prednisone (the amounts of this fluctuated as she needed). We also tried Accutane (used by humans for acne) however after two doses (she was supposed to have it every 24 hours) she was so sick that I didn't proceed any further with that. We kept her on the predisone the whole time despite the fact that long term use is not recommended. She just did much better on the prednisone than off (we did try to wean her and more lesion popped up quickly). At the time I said to the vet "what is the lesser of two evils?"
For 95% of the time she had cancer she did great, other than her skin you would never know. However she developed pancreatitis twice and the second time she did she was very sick. During that time the cancer took hold and she was never able to fully recover.
I will check back here from time to time just to see if you have any other questions. All the best to you.
[notify]

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 1:09pm PST 
I'm so sorry to hear Laika lost the battle to cancer. It is such a terrible disease, and thank you so much for the information

Chester has been doing well so far. He started getting lesions on his skin but they weren't the cancer, they were infections from being on the prednisone. He is still on the prednisone to keep the cancer at bay but also antibiotics for the the skin infection. This seems to work well so far. His cancer is oral but it has not been spreading. Our vet feels when it does, it will be internally. We just hope it isn't any time soon. Right now we just enjoy the fact he seems OK. You just don't know what tomorrow brings.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 4:01pm PST 
Chester, just put that in perspective...NONE of us knows what tomorrow will bring! He may be the one that beats it, hopefully!
[notify]

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 6:28am PST 
After being initially diagnosed in November, unfortunately the cancer has now spread to the lymph nodes. I am now on an increased dosage of prednisone as we once again try and slow down further progression. This wasn't the news we had wanted but it has happened and now we are just trying to fight it.

I am doing OK at the moment but unfortunately this newest development is now the scariest of them all. Any and all prayers are appreciated.

Cheers,
Chester
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 7:22am PST 
Oh No!!! Chester, hope the pred will be a miracle for you! We are praying for you. Keep us posted, thinking about you!
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5