GO!

Mya has a malignant tumor :(

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Mya CGC TDI

I'm your new- best friend! Pet- me!

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 9:16am PST 
So, Mya went to the vet's this morning. Has a malignant tumor on the bottom of her pad. We are waiting for test results on how aggressive we should be treating this, but she's going to be needing surgery. Either part of her pad, or her entire toe, or other parts of her foot, are going to need to be removed.

I'm just crushed right now. :'( I'm hoping so much that surgery will cure it and that it hasn't spread. Today's been an awful day.
She lives for agility, too. She's a 4 time state champion in 4-H. I would hate it if she couldn't do agility anymore because the surgery was too extensive.
I would hate it even more to lose my puppy dog, though. So right now I'm hoping she turns out OK.

I know we're not super active on Dogster anymore, but I just wanted to share. Need to share with dog people.
[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 9:24am PST 
hug Hugs for Mya. Waiting is the worst. Hope all goes well. Keep us all postedhug
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 9:32am PST 
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers Mya! hug Keep us posted...
[notify]

Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 10:13am PST 
Prayers and hugs from our pack to yours. We hope everything turns out ok.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 10:47am PST 
Hugs,Prayers and Best Wishes to both of you. Hopefully all will go well and she will be able to do whatever she likes. Even if you have not been very active here lately we are all more than happy to help in whatever way we can,even if it is to just let you vent and be a place you can express how you feel. Take Care and please keep us posted.hugwishes
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 10:48am PST 
hug hug Mya hug hug
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 11:23am PST 
I'm so sorry to hear about Mya. I know how scared you are and how worried you are. Let's hope that it has not spread. I hope you will be able to return to what Mya loves to do. If not, just love her as much as you can....she can probably do things, but just not competitively. I'm hoping and praying she will be okay!

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 2:13pm PST 
Please keep us posted. hughughughughug
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 2:30pm PST 
I'm so sorry. hug Hoping the test results are a best-case scenario. hug
[notify]