GO!

SNORING!! Is there a cure?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 8:47am PST 
We tried treating her for going in, giving rawhides (which she loves) only when in the crate but then they just sit there and she won't chew them. Praising her for going in (which she will do occasionally on her own, but only to either get a toy out or pull out her bed). We must be lucky around our area. There are several boarding kennels and they all have open runs and the dogs could all be kept together if we ever needed but Every time we've gone away, my parents have puppy-sat for us. I'm not sure if sleeping position would make a difference or not but hey, it doesn't hurt to try smile
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 9:07am PST 
Having 2 short nose dogs they snore really bad!! Especially Kashmir big laugh
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 1:30pm PST 
Those Breathe Right strips?laugh out loud
Callie snores louder than hubby...
[notify]

Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 5:51pm PST 
Moose only snores when he lies on his side and his head is tilted a certain way. Luckily that's the only time he snores, but unfortunately he snores like that when it's bedtime and he lays across my chest with his head resting on my shoulder, kind of in the crook of my neck. He's perfectly positioned to snore.
Every night we go through this and because I love him so much I suffer through it. It only last about 45 minutes/hour, then gets up to sleep on the floor, but I'm losing out on that time to sleep.

The night I brought him home, he slept super hard and snored like a maniac. I even broke out my iphone to record it it was so loud and I remember having a moment of "Oh dog, I hope this isn't how it's going to be every day/night".

Good luck finding a solution. Maybe finding a dog bed that he loves will be helpful in getting him off of the bed.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 6:15pm PST 
Ear plugs for the humans and don't even get me started on bullies and tootin'big laughbig laughbig laugh
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 7:13pm PST 
SNORING!! Is there a cure?

laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

Hugs & Farts
Thor...wave
[notify]
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '12 3:52am PST 
big laugh You guys crack me up lol! The farting is the worst!! Never knew that about bullies till she came home and we looked it up. We thought there was something wrong with her at first because of all the gas lol. laugh out loud

We actually had a rather peaceful night last night. It started out with her on my pillow snoring like crazy and after rearranging her several times I moved her down by my feet. I guess she was in a better position down there because her snoring faded and my husband said he slept great lady night smile I'm even allowed to put her crate back in storage lol.
[notify]
Jordan

Our First Affen - Not Our Last

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 3:23am PST 
Snoring is a common problem in short-faced breeds. It is caused by the airway being blocked. Keep your dog away from all allergens. You should also take off any extra weight that your pooch is carrying around. All dogs have a different internal clock. I’m sure there are hundreds of ways out there that claim to stop a dog’s snoring. But, the best way is to get the extra weight off. Take your dog for a long walk in the afternoon. I also recommend taking your dog to the vet. He or she will give you some tips to deal with your dog’s snoring problem. If you notice serious breathing problems, take your dog immediately to the emergency hospital.
[notify]
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 4:42am PST 
Thanks for the advice Jordan smile Fortunately, weight is not a problem with our Sparkles. She's as fit and heslthy as a bulldog can be. We've had a lot of luck lately with sleeping position and place. My husband even complained this morning that he slept too good lol. Leave it up to a man to complain about the snoring then complain about good sleep lol.
[notify]
Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 6:49pm PST 
Paris has a big ole schnoz and even though she's little there are times where I have to turn the volume up to hear the tv over her when she's across the room!! I've always joked about getting those breathe right strips for her.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3