GO!

Albino Deaf & Blind Chihuahua

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 9:57am PST 
Do you have puppy lemon laws where you live?
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 10:06am PST 
Guest the lemon law only applies to puppies under 8 weeks of age.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 11:00am PST 
Lemon laws in the states I am aware of cover ANY dog purchased, no matter how old it is. Some states do limit the age to under a year, but most cover any purchased dog.
It is illegal to sell puppies under 8 weeks of age in most states so a lemon law for under 8 week old pups would be worthless.

Edited by author Sat Nov 24, '12 11:01am PST

[notify]

Gucci

Love is Blind <3

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 10:08pm PST 
Ok I have a question then not one of her parents were even merle so how could she be a double merle? Both parents were white and tan in color and had black noses with black eyes. I belive there is something else that starts with an L that Dobermans have could she perhaps have that as she is all white with sky blue eyes just like the dobermans
[notify]
Gucci

Love is Blind <3

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 10:14am PST 
I have never heard of a puppy lemon law I live in Calgary, AB, Canada if that makes any difference.
[notify]
Bosley

Will Work For- Food

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 11:28am PST 
There are no puppy lemon laws in Alberta. However, the Canadian Animal Pedigree Act, has several laws that pertain to purebred animals, including that all animals represented as being purebred must be sold with registration papers at no extra cost to the buyer and those papers must be provided within 6 months of the purchase date.
Any other guarantees would need to be agreed on at the time of purchase with a signed contract.
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 1:57pm PST 
If both parents were not merle and one puppy that's a 1/4 chance of being double merle. The parents would be heterozygous for it. Merle is an incomplete dominant, and the color patterns it produces is random and sometimes very subtle.

White dogs can also be diluted cream or extreme piebald. Your dog may be DM and extreme piebald. Chihuahuas can come in any color, so it's possible.

they don't know what really is up with the white dobermans. The genetics that are causing it is not understood, though it looks like tyrosinase positive albinism. it's just not typical. There are similar coat patterns in other breeds too, but it's not albino. WD's are just famous for it because it's not desirable for a working dog to be that color, and it was a random mutation (they call it a z mutation) in one bitch.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 2:28pm PST 
Thank you Foxy... the older I get, the faster I forget!!! I knew the dobes were different, and I also knew the piebald/pied issue was different. That sounds plausible in the case of Gucchi since both parents were tan and white??
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 2:49pm PST 
I found some links that may help yousmile

http://www.deafdogs.org/resources/otherlinks.php#deafblin d

ETA take out the space in blind *sigh* I wish dogster wouldn't do that frown

Edited by author Sun Nov 25, '12 2:50pm PST

[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 7:45pm PST 
If the parents weren't merle, she could be an extreme white piebald. This can cause the same issues with vision and hearing (although what I have seen is it affects hearing more).

Being a double merle doesn't necessarily mean the dog has a shorter life-expectancy. It just happens that most of the "breeders" who produce double merles are not breeding healthy dogs, so you get double merles with unrelated health problems.

In the long run- this puppy is going to need a very invested owner willing to go above and beyond to help the pup live the best life she can!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4