GO!

Incontinent.. drips everywhere

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Baxter

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 11:02pm PST 
Baxter is about 2 years old, and I noticed last year that he wasn't able to control himself very well. Whenever he pooped he always peed at the same time - and I thought it was funny and that as he matured he would get better control of himself.

But he leaks around the house, especially in his sleep. Just a few drops here and there but they add up in a major way.

When I spoke to our vet she said his neuter would probably fix it, that and him maturing further.

Nothing's changed.

Has anyone else ever had such a problem?
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 4:09am PST 
Did they do any blood work on him to check for UTI and kidney function? If so, Kali has that issue. We have her on meds, that do control the amount, but didn't get rid of it. So, I keep doggie diapers on her, which I get from KV Pet Supply online.
[notify]
Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 12:07pm PST 
I had a dog that only leaked while she was sleeping, but as she got older & started taking medicine for allergies, the leaking became more frequent...more like dripping. Especially if she didn't get outside to pee every two hours. She also drank a ton of water, had her tested for diabetes & thyroid issues. Turns out, she was fine, other than the incontinence. The vet prescribed her phenylpropanolamine, also called Proin. Gave her 1 tablet, twice daily for about ten years.. Never dripped again! It was wonderful. Good luck to you & your doggie smile
[notify]