GO!

Puppy Pyoderma

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 4:35pm PST 
Hi, I'm in a pickle! I am due to collect my first puppy, a Springer pedigree, at the weekend. He has had pyoderma on his face and has lost quite a bit of hair, which the breeders say will grow back in a few weeks. My dilemma is, should I still have the puppy or take back the deposit they have offered to return? I so wanted my first puppy to be perfect. Am I worrying too much about the way he will look for the first few weeks? Any help gratefully received!
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 4:46pm PST 
Have you talked with the breeder's veterinarian? Puppy Pyderma is an immune system problem and can be very mild and self limiting OR it can be a very serious, life threatening issue that is very difficult to get control over.
Depending on how involved it is with this puppy the stress of just changing over to a new home can cause a serious setback. If he just had a few pimples with no lymph gland involvement and they are now healed it is less likely to be an issue.
I would certainly want to talk with the vet before I made a decision and the breeder should be happy to put you in touch with their vet.
Good luck!!
[notify]

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 1:12am PST 
Thank you, that is really good advice.
[notify]