GO!

Limping

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Sophie Super- Awesome- Crumples

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 8:33am PST 
My little girl (a Japanese Chin, she'll be a year this month) slipped coming up the basement steps on Saturday evening and hurt her right back leg. She limped some on Sunday (I kept her pretty quiet) but by Monday you could tell she was on the mend. The last two days she has been walking fine and is back to running around the house, jumping on the furniture, spinning, playing, etc. until I take her outside. As soon as she hits the step she pulls her leg completely up and hobbles around on three legs the whole time she is out (which even at her worst on Saturday she only favoured the leg). Once back in the house she takes off and is fine again. She's got me confused, wondering if anyone has some thoughts? How long would you let her go before you'd take her to the vet?
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 4:21am PST 
I would have a vet check her out. Good Luck!
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 8:36am PST 
i wouldn't wait more than a couple of days. That's just me. If my dog showed any signs of an injury, I would wait a couple of days and then make an appointment if it didn't seem better
[notify]