GO!

Doggy teeth brushing?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 8:24pm PST 
Mika..I understand what you're saying, but most of what you've heard/read is a myth. Raw diet will not make your dog "bloodthirsty." It is, in fact, the biologically appropriate food for carnivores..which is what dogs are. A dog's digestive tract is much shorter than a human's, so the risk of salmonella, e coli is not as great. Thorough cleaning of surfaces & your hands will stop any contamination.
The folks here on the Raw Forum are fabulous. Check out some of the threads there for great information.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 8:36pm PST 
ok i'll do that thank you!
[notify]
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 9:02pm PST 
I am 11 1/2 yrs old and have never need the vet to clean my teeth. Cindy did brush my teeth for the first two years of my life, and I have always had Greenies and bully sticks. Good chews make a huge difference. I also like the Berry Crunch treats from Nutro and they give me berry breath for almost an hour...hee hee hee...so dry crunchy treats that include fruit can make the breath really nice too!
[notify]

Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 8:40am PST 
Good to know, thank you
[notify]
Emma-Gem

I'm the PRINCESS- of the house!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 5:12pm PST 
i actually brush my dogs teeth lol its alittle annoying for dogs at first but after awhile they ger use to it (you can buy special doggy toothpaste and brushesh for them) i find alot of the bones they have out there just junk up the teeth and do nothing for their teeth! just my oppion!!
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 5:19pm PST 
everybody's opinion counts thank you, and yes i have seen the doggie toothpaste and brush and was thinking about picking one up thank you
[notify]
Tucker

SQUIRREL! !

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 7:08am PST 
We brush teeth everyday before bedtime over here. I like the nylabone toothpaste because it has Sodium hexamataphosphate in it and that has been known to help with tartar build up and we use a pulsar toothbrush. One of my dogs builds up tartar faster then the other. We don't do raw meaty bones because 1 I am scared of potential foreign body or issues after ingesting, 2 my dogs already have enough broken teeth from marrow bones.
I look at dog teeth just like ours, they should be brushed! We couldn't get away with brushing our teeth with crackers, so why feeding a kibble diet full of carbs would help any dogs teeth?
I have bully sticks but havent given them to my dogs yet.
I have a blood thirsty dog lol. And he has never eaten a raw diet, unless he finds something and eats it outside! He has eaten bunnies fresh after kills and squirells etc.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 1:16pm PST 
Yea Mika doesn't seem into chewing at all....so I think the next step is going to buy a doggie toothbrush and toothpast!!! I am going to do that today.....thank you all for the advice smile
[notify]
Mya

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 11:01pm PST 
We bruch Mya's teeth once a day with toohpaste and finger brush that we buy at Petsmart. She likes the peanut butter flavor. She also gets one Greenie Teenie a day for controling plaque and also makes her breath smell nice. They are digestable and pliable and she likes them.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 8:03am PST 
greenie teenie, i will have to see if i can find them thanks!!
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3