GO!

FrontLine Plus Not working Anymore?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 5:10am PST 
Emma has been one frontline Plus since she was a puppy, i will admit two months ago i forgot to give it to her on time so she got it 3 days late, but since then i have ben finding adult fleas on her and what i think is flea dirt. I don't know what to do, is the product no longer working? Was three day late enough to trigger a huge infestation?

Anyway, i would appreciate some suggestion and also would appreciate anyone that knows of a better product, i would prefer to switch to an oral pill, but they all seem to only either kill adult fleas or flea eggs not both, which seems counter productive to me and i don't want to have to give her two medicines since i don't like over medication.
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 6:04am PST 
Depending on local conditions, yeah, a small gap may have allowed an infestation to establish itself. A bath with Dawn to get rid of the fleas, and then re-applying treatment may be necessary.

The other thing is that there have been a lot of anecdotal reports of Frontline seemingly being less effective than it used to be in some areas of the country. There is by no means enough, or clear enough, information to say that this is definitely true, but it seems to be the case, and switching to another product is worth a try. I'm using Advantix II on Addy now, and I've been happy with it, after using Frontline for many years.
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 7:54am PST 
Frontline stopped working for us, so we switched to Advantix. I think you can't use it if you have cats.
[notify]

Otto

King Snuggler!

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '12 8:12pm PST 
I remember our vet telling us about fleas building up a resistance to Front Line. Currently we use Advantage Multi to fight fleas, ticks, and heartworm. It's worked well for us so far.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 5:19pm PST 
Use generic version of frontline plus, Aspis Forte , for better result, i also had a same problem with frontline plus, then my friend recommend me Aspis forte for dogs.
[notify]
Scout

Life is for- loving !

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 12:47pm PST 
I have been using Frontline + for over 7 years and the last year has been a nightmare with flea infestation. We have always vacuumed daily, so it's not that. I see fleas on them the next day after treatment ? I am so upset I wrote to the manufacture and never heard from them regarding this change. That puts me off their product right there. I am looking for another affordable product to purchase that works. i saw that Aspis Forte and an considering it. i am also looking at Advantage.
[notify]