GO!

Lily's sick now too!?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 8:56am PST 
Lily was peeing less frequently on and off for a while so we ran a urine sample down to the vet. We got a call later that said she had crystals in her urine so she's gonna be on a round of antibiotics for a while, then we're going to have a recheck and go from there. frownfrownfrown

Could Glucosamine DS could have caused this? The bottle says "use with caution on animals with a history of bladder stones", but to my knowledge Lily didn't have a history of bladder stones. Whenever she got the Glucosamine DS she would pee less frequently the next day. If she didn't get any of it she was on her regular potty schedule.

Active Ingredients Per 1 teaspoon:
Glucosamine HCL 500 mg
Boswellia Serrata 90 mg
Yucca Schidigera 90 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate (Bovine Source)
60 mg
d-Alpha Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) 3.3 IU

Inactive Ingredients Liquid:
Calcium Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Citric Acid, Corn Syrup, Deionized Water, Methylparaben, Natural Flavoring, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate and Xanthan Gum.

Edited by author Fri Oct 5, '12 8:58am PST

[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 9:31am PST 
bump
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 9:43am PST 
I don't know about urinary issues, it used to give Jax diarrhea. Not sure why. Hope Lily gets better soon. hughug You might have your water tested. I think its its odd both dogs have similar issues. Good Luck!
[notify]

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 9:44am PST 
Not sure where everyone is. It's a very slow Dogster weekend........
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 10:42am PST 
Yeah, Dogster had been dead on the weekends lately. I'm not sure about water, we used to get spring water then we stopped getting it months and months ago, and now we use a pitcher that has a filter in it to filter our tap water. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to test the water though. How do I go about doing that? What should I be looking for in the water test?

Edited by author Sun Oct 7, '12 10:58am PST

[notify]

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 2:53pm PST 
I think you could ask your Town Hall. They would be able to send you in the right direction. I pretty sure once you have it tested, that they company would be able to tell you if they found anything unusual.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 2:56pm PST 
What kind of crystals does Lily have. I'm terrible with names. If they are the kind that are not acidic, then you might ask your vet if you could give her some vitamin C. Jax needed to increase the acidity in her urine, so the vet told me to give her vitamin C. It did the trick for her.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 4:11pm PST 
I don't know what type of crystals they are, the vet never told us. shock
[notify]

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 6:41pm PST 
There are different kinds. Some caused by urine being too acidic and some caused by urine being too alkaline, and other things. When she has her recheck, I would ask. I hope she feels better soon.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Oct 8, '12 7:32am PST 
So sorry to hear that you are going through this yet again.hugwishes
We will as with Scruffy have you in our thoughts and be hoping for the very best.flowers
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2