GO!

When do you know its time?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Jake

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 6:16am PST 
Thank you all for the great replies. I just wish I didn't have to make this decision. He still goes for walks with my dad and I every other morning. But then that's it...he is normally down til the next day. He seems to have an accident in the house almost every day now. And the other day when my boyfriend was helping him out of the car..he got mean and tried to bite him in the face. He still has a good appetite. This is the hardest thing ever... frown
[notify]
Lexi

Spreading Smiles- Wherever I- Go....

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 6:28am PST 
Sounds as if he was in pain and acting out. The poor quality of life is growing near and we know you will set your own hurt aside and do what's best for him and give him the last Gift Of Love you can by setting him free. We're upholding you in prayers of strength and will be here to offer you the support you need♥hug
[notify]
Thor CGC

God of Thunder

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 8:31pm PST 
The way that I have always thought to do it is make a list. List the 3 things that your dog enjoys the most in life. Once the dog can't do any of those things then it may be time.

The other obvious way to decide is if the dog is in pain and just is acting like they are done.

I am sorry you are having to make the hard decision that every pet owner has to make. It is so hard hug
[notify]

Jake

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 8:35am PST 
Thank you all for the kind words and sharing you own stories with me. I had Riley put down last night. My vet was kind enough to come to my house. I sat beside him and stroked his head as he fell asleep. That was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I will miss him so much. And now Jake doesn't have his guidance anymore and he wandered around looking for him last night. Thank you again..
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 10:42am PST 
Thanks for the update. We are so sorry. Making the decision and also being there is one of the hardest things we go through when it's time to let our pet go. Our hearts go out to you and your family

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 1:55pm PST 
hug
[notify]
Dahlia

Gone, But Not- Forgotten.

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 3:09pm PST 
hug Hugs to you during this time of pain. It's hard to let a good friend pass on, but lovely that you had the strenghth to be by his side as he passed over.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2