GO!

Want info- as much as you all have

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3  
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 6:16pm PST 
Tiller, thank you.
Some of that info is really a tough pill to swallow. I would sell my soul to not have had to learn any of this. I did get one interesting tidbit out of it though, because she is a GSD the swab test may not indicate DM, or may give flawed results. Given that I will be pushing my vet for an alternative diagnosis. However she is exhibiting all the symptoms. What confuses me is that the apparent rate of progression is MONTHS. Sabi has been displaying some of these symptoms for YEARS. Either way I will collect the info, her diet will be changing and I will continue to work on keeping her muscle tone. If I could change this for her I would. Thank you to all of you, with luck my beautiful girl will be around for a long time yet.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 7:13pm PST 
If it helps you at all, my doggy Chiro is a big time homeopath and is a super freak about diets helping with these sort of issues.

She's turned me on to organic coconut oil and raw goat's milk for mine for helping decreasing joint inflammation and boosting immune systems to optimal. I got a nasty scolding for a lot of the stuff I was doing, mainly super loading the dogs on G/C/MSM, and have literally cut them back to 1/3 what they used to get, with the inclusion of better quality anti-inflammatory supplements like the coconut oil, better quality fish oils, and kelp.

You can also consider cold laser therapy. I don't know what kind of voodoo that stuff works, but I swear on my life its at least helped Mulder.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 7:28pm PST 
hughughug Sabi I wish you the best of luck, i'm sorry I have no info for you on this but we are thinking of you and hope things work out. hughughug
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3