GO!

How many times a day does your dog go pee?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 6:08pm PST 
Koby only goes pee about 3 times a day. Is that normal? All the other dogs we've had go about 6-8 times a day. He is not neutered yet, so I expect him to mark and he doesn't. We had an intact Golden a few years back and he couldn't walk 3 feet without peeing on something outside. Just curious if this is something I should worry about. thinking He has water available at all times.
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 10:26pm PST 
Ava hasn't been going outside very often in this summer heat, of her own choosing (We literally have to force her to go out in the morning, even after she's been holding it all night!) but when we go on short little off leash walks she takes the opportunities to pee a few times during the walk... so maybe 2 or 3 times a day?

Now, Nix? I can't count. He lifts his leg on something every time we go outside, and we can go outside several times throughout the day either to play ball, go on a walk, take around the trash, check the car, go for a ride, etc.. Every time. laugh out loud But he is a devoted marker of the great outdoors.

Edited by author Thu Aug 2, '12 10:27pm PST

[notify]
Ellie

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 3:25am PST 
3-4 times a day.
[notify]

Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 4:02am PST 
Ok,
Thanks for the responses. I feel better now. smile
[notify]
Billy

Born to- Arrrrroooooooo!

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 5:19am PST 
We go for a long walk in the morning and in the evening after dinner...and we go pee at least once in the afternoon and again before bed time.

However, my sister Scooter goes more than that...at least two or three more times.
[notify]
Kc

Ain't nothing- but a hound dog.

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 6:08am PST 
2-3 She won't go in the BY on the leash. Only on walks and off-leash in the BY
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 7:11am PST 
Ours pee alot i would say maybe 6-8 times a day plus marking on their walks. When i walk Kash she will squat on everything: grass, leaves, rocks, its really annoying. I want to say "you just went 2 feet back on that grass and your going again?" big laugh
[notify]
Billy

Born to- Arrrrroooooooo!

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 10:28am PST 
Kash, I didn't think of it that way big laugh well heck on my walks (approx. 30-45 min), I pee like 100 times big laugh nah...probably at least 10 times...until there's nothing left to give laugh out loud

Edited by author Fri Aug 3, '12 10:28am PST

[notify]
Jack- (Bubbles)

Pick me up! - Hold me!

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 11:04am PST 
Nix,

Gypsy Road is normally the same way. He pees on everything! We were wondering if that was normal. On the other hand, Jack only goes about three to four times a day. I guess it all depends on the dog, their system and health?
[notify]
Kip & Oogie

Goof Fox & Diva- Squirrel

Barked: Fri Aug 3, '12 12:15pm PST 
I agree with Jack, it just depends on the dog!

Kip and Oogie both go 2-3 times per day- however, they are both young adults, well-trained, and very used to my set schedule. Plus neither of them mark- they find their spot and get it done all at once (which I am very grateful for).

My parents dogs are different. Freckles, bless her heart, is a 14 year old brittany spaniel and she goes more frequently- I'd say like 6-8 times a day. Their other, the little stink JC, is a 3 year old marking FIEND. He literally has to wear a belly band in the house because of it. He probably pees AT LEAST 40 times a day if not more, granted each session is only a few drops... I'm fairly certain he feels his divine purpose in life is to pee on ALL the things. True story. He even tried to pee on 8 week old Oogie's head the first Christmas I brought her home, but ended up wetting himself because his diaper was in the way big laugh
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2