GO!

K-9 ADVANTIX II IS TERRIBLE

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 37)  
1  2  3  4  
Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Sun Aug 25, '13 2:55pm PST 
Uh...Jasper can't take Rimadyl - it causes a violent GI reaction. That doesn't mean Rimadyl is a terrible medication, it just means that it's not right for us.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Aug 30, '13 9:51am PST 
I believe my 7 Yr old lab mix had a terrible reaction to K9 Advantix II. Honestly the vet has told me that it is highly unlikely that the medication caused her problems, but I still think that's exactly what happened, as she was absolutely fine when I applied it and 5 hrs later she was a mess, I was with her the whole time so I know she didn't get into anything else. She lost all her energy, would barely move or come to me, and she wouldn't eat. I let it go that night as we had a long day and thought she was just wore out, or maybe car sick (even though that had never happened before) by the next morning I knew something was really wrong as again I could barely get her to move, and still wouldn't eat. I ran her to the vet and was prescribed steroids and antibiotics which helped some but she still was not feeling her best . If this happens to your dog please don't wait, I'm pretty sure if I wouldn't have taken her in that day she may have died. She is getting better, its been two weeks of hell as the vets have thrown out diagnosis of cancer and auto immune, but now think that she does not have either, Thank god. Shes been tested for just about everything all negative so basically they don't know but want to monitor her blood for the next few weeks This is the first time I used this product but had used Advantix in the past with no problems. I'm not saying this is not a good product, but just to keep a close eye on your dog after giving it ANY medications even if they have taken or used them before since dogs change with age.
[notify]
Murphy

Dogs are angels- with fur!

Barked: Sat Sep 7, '13 3:12pm PST 
Murphy does great on K9 Advantix and has been on it for quite some time, we changed from Frontline Plus because it wasn't working on him anymore plus he had bad reactions to it but no problems since changing to Advantix. I agree with what everyone else says, all dogs are different and react differently just like people so don't blame the product. Some people are allergic to aspirin but that doesn't mean everyone needs to stop taking it. Adjust medications accordingly to your dogs own needs just like people do.
[notify]

Barked: Mon May 5, '14 6:27pm PST 
I'm sooo angry. I put K9 Advantix on both of my little dogs and they are going crazy with the pain and itching. I don't know what to do. I've lathered their little hind quarters in itch an pain gel. I think it's helping but now I have to monitor their licking...arggggg. This is terrible. red face
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jun 12, '14 6:25pm PST 
This is by far the best flea medicine. .. it's the only one I will buy. .I've tried all the others frontline. .trifecis, etc. Some dogs are like humans and have extremely sensitive skin and therefore shouldn't use it, out is very powerful stuff but out works the full 30 days all time. .. it's the only flea medicine I will give my fur babies and I have 4 of them.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '14 8:04pm PST 
Hello I have two toy poodles that are having the adverse reactions as described just above. Jerking, chewing their hair off by their hind legs, unable to get comfortable and whining. I feel horrible. I am beating myself up for not doing my research before switching to this S**T!

Can anyone advise me how long it takes to go away and what you did or applied that helped with the symptoms?
Please help as I'm feeling kind of helpless and want to help my dogs feel more comfortable!
Thanks!frowncry
[notify]

Barked: Wed Aug 20, '14 5:31pm PST 
we used K-9 Advantix 11 for the first time a few days ago and our beagle mix is going nuts now. if she is not laying around she is scratching yelping and rolling on the floor or yard. I called the vet and they said to bathe her in diluted dawn and get as much of it off of her as possible and then retreat with Frontline Plus (what we had used earlier) for the flea and tick prevention.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 37)  
1  2  3  4