GO!

What colour or colours is a normal healthy dogs urine ?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 5:18am PST 
Just wanting info on dog urine what is a normal healthy colour of urine pictures welcome smile
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 6:19am PST 
Hi Lily, a normal colour would be light yellow. What colour is Lilly's? Is she still peeing alot? Is she drinking more than usual?
[notify]
Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 1:44pm PST 
No she doesnt drink much but shes always been like that, well this morning after stopping tablets i let her out and tried to make her pee but she wouldnt !!! so havnt seen the colour yet. instead she was just running around with her ball darn dog lol
[notify]

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 2:11pm PST 
I've never collected jake's urine before but when i can see him pee it's a light yellow color and doesn't have much of an odor to it.

He just passed a urine analaysis on Sunday so i assume his pee is healthy wee.

I figure as long as it's not bloody, high in odor or causing the animal any pain to urinate then it's probably healthy urine.

but i'm no expert
[notify]
Dunkin

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 3:29pm PST 
If the urine is bright yellow, that can mean that the dog is dyhydrated. So it it is light yellow or almost clear. It will mean that the dog is gettign enough water.
[notify]
Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 3:44pm PST 
Well she doesnt drink much but then again ive heard raw fed dogs dont her first pee today was yellow but not heaps yellow, and didnt have any problems going.
[notify]
Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 3:50pm PST 
Almost clear indicates kidney problems this is what i found :
very pale yellow or clear urine indicates the dog is not concentrating urine well and may have kidney disease or another disease that interfere with urine concentration.

If the urine is any color other than yellow (for example orange, red, or black), it is likely that pigments are present in the urine, which may signal a serious underlying disease.

Normal urine is pale yellow to light amber, and is generally clear to slightly cloudy.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 3:55pm PST 
Generally speaking the urine should be a light yellow. If it's the first pee of the morning, it will be a darker yellow and that's normal. If they've been playing all day like at the beach or daycare and drinking loads of water, it will likely look totally clear. However, if your dog consistently has clear urine it usually means the kidneys are not functioning properly.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 4:13pm PST 
Light yellow, unless they haven't been drinking water, then it will be darker. Sarah's urine was almost completely clear when she was sick. She had too much Vitamin D in her dog food and she was drinking TONS of water (almost a gallon a day, and she's only 25lbs). She was leaving lakes of clear urine!
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 5:15pm PST 
A good way to collect urine is to put a frying pan under the dog (don't laugh!)

It might be a bit paler than usual from the carprofen but because you aren't giving it anymore there should be no problem.

If you are still worried and her wee is very clear take the sample to the vets.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2