GO!

Popping after TPLO surgery

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 5:22am PST 
Hi, Kodi is 3 weeks post surgery and is doing great!, but 4 days ago i notice a popping sound when we took her out for the bathroom. I called the vet at the University of Tenn, and they said it could be a knee cap? She said to take her to our local vet if it continues.. But she is not in any pain and was wondering has anyone else had this happen post surgery?
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 10:25am PST 
I also answered in your other postwave

Did the surgeon release the meniscus?
[notify]

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 12:40pm PST 
you know i am not sure, i looked over the papers that told what he did, but it didnt say anything about that.
[notify]

Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 2:03pm PST 
If the popping is coming from the knee area and they didn't release the meniscus there is a possibility that is what you are hearing.
Releasing the meniscus is something some surgeons are not doing during surgery.
[notify]
Kodi

Barked: Fri Mar 9, '12 8:56pm PST 
so will it go away after she is all healed? she acts liek it dont bother her..we go back to UT in 3 weeks for xrays to make sure all is ok.
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Fri Mar 9, '12 10:31pm PST 
I believe they have to surgically release it if it is the meniscus.
[notify]