GO!

cold ears, paws, nose, drippy nose, tired - dog cold?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Gus

did someone say- 'cheese'??

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 7:39am PST 
Hi all,

Trying to decide if I'm going to call the vet today or wait until Monday.

Gus took some coaxing to get out of bed this morning. Noticed his nose is drippy but didn't think much of it. Went potty, then curled up in his bed in the living room (usually he plays with Grace). Made breakfast for the pups and Gus didn't budge from his bed.

Got him to eat a little pumpkin and rice. Maybe his tummy is upset. Will see what his poops are like this morning, but last night they looked fine.

He is curled up next to me right now - no playing frown ... noticed his paws, ears, and nose are really cold. His nose is drippy and he had clearish eye discharge last night and this morning. He just feels really cold all over. Have him tucked under a blanket right now.

Remember that he was hacking (cough?) a bit last night but thought maybe he got some fuzz in his throat. But he didn't feel cold until this morning.

We live in AZ so it isn't SUPER cold here, so it isn't that the house or outside is too cold.

Could he have a dog cold? Or could this be allergies? He does have environmental allergies.

Trying to keep him and Grace (13 week pup) separate for now. Which isn't hard. Last night and this morning he isn't very interested in her.

He does have Colitis, so used to tummy issues. But those "flares" are just tummy stuff (gas, grumbling, loose stools, vomiting). This is different.

Not sure if it warrants a vet call today or just wait and see how he feels as the day goes on.... any dog colds going around?

Edited by author Sun Mar 4, '12 7:44am PST

[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 3:54pm PST 
I would call the vet on Monday morning if he doesn't feel better. Good Luck & keep us posted.
[notify]
Gus

did someone say- 'cheese'??

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 4:00pm PST 
thanks... he perked up a little this afternoon and is warmer now.

Will see the vet on Thursday, but will definitely call tomorrow if it happens again.

Thinking we need to get his thyroid checked...
[notify]

Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 4:05pm PST 
Sometimes, they can be a little under the weather, just like people. Keep us posted.
[notify]