GO!

Is this a scam?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Tessie

Which way did- they go?

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 12:43pm PST 
my dogs do not get vitamins and either do my husband or myself. IF you feed a nutritionally sound diet why do you need to feed supplements?????
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 1:16pm PST 
Guest, do you have sources for your claims that vitamins can override genetic issues passed along in DNA. Sounds too easy to me!!!
I am ALL for supplementing vitamins, WHEN testing shows that either I or my dog is low in a certain vitamin. Otherwise, I am with the previous poster and believe that if you eat the proper diet you do not need ANY supplements and more is definitely NOT better, they can actually do serious harm in excess!
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 4:00pm PST 
I am sure the nuvet thing is a scam, as is the one year/limited health guarantee.
However, I believe all legitimate breeders sell with a spay neuter contract unless you are specifically showing and/or purchasing a dog with a breeding contract.
[notify]

Barked: Sat May 18, '13 7:50am PST 
"...it can help them avoid problems just like a person taking good vitamins will help them avoid even a genetic condition their family displays."

I'm sorry but this claim is complete nonsense. I'm not sure what kind of junk science NuVet Labs are promoting, but vitamins do not and cannot help prevent genetic-related health problems.

These sorts of sensationalist claims about NuVet products have been cropping up all over the internet for some time now. They almost always find their mark on forum threads, like this one, that question the legitimacy of NuVet products. One of the largest puppy brokers in the U.S. - PUREBRED BREEDERS, LLC - also requires it's buyers to use NuVet products to maintain their "lifetime" guarantee.

Always read the fine print and thoroughly research any company or breeder.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2