GO!

Costco Frontline?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Momo (formal- name: - Cozmo)

Happiness is- Just a Thing- called Mo

Barked: Thu Nov 10, '11 7:58am PST 
It is always safe to buy from Costco. They are highly reputable. In fact, they're known for policing their suppliers more than other fancier chains do, such as Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.

Indeed, it's probably even safe to buy generic Frontline, IF you go to a reputable vendor.

Remember: it's not the product, it's the INGREDIENTS in the product that matter.

Of course, all of the above is relative! How safe is ANY market in the USA today, when our regulatory system is broken? And how safe is Frontline to begin with?

But that's another story.
[notify]
Samwise (RB- 7-21-2012)

I'm a simple dog- & just want to- be loved

Barked: Thu Nov 10, '11 12:10pm PST 
Wow! You all have great questions! I’m so happy to talk with you about them and please keep them coming. I apologize for the super long post, but I wanted to make sure I addressed all your concerns.
welcome

You are absolutely correct, Flicka! Resale of FRONTLINE® by brokers (agents negotiating purchases) through other channels is not illegal. However, Merial distributes FRONTLINE exclusively to licensed, practicing veterinarians. If you purchase FRONTLINE through an alternate source, we can make no guarantee of product integrity.

Great questions, Bruno! As we understand it, individuals at clinics and other practices are being contacted by brokers and offered a premium for FRONTLINE. The brokers are then selling the product directly or indirectly to specialty pet stores, warehouse clubs and other retail outlets.
Although Merial is not in the over-the-counter (OTC) business, we know that FRONTLINE has appeared outside the veterinary sales channel through individuals who may have some financial incentive for this action. Merial does monitor the purchasing patterns of our account holders to help ensure their compliance with our policies.

Momo, FRONTLINE has a proven formulation with several unique aspects that sets it apart from generic competitors. FRONTLINE contains a special grade of fipronil made exclusively for Merial and is manufactured in accordance with precise quality and safety standards for veterinarian prescribed flea and tick products. FRONTLINE Plus combines this special grade of fipronil, a patented single-spot delivery mechanism, (S)-methoprene and proprietary manufacturing techniques, which contribute to a proven, high-quality flea and tick preventative.
That’s a lot of technical jargin, but I hope the information helps with your thoughts on buying generics.

Murphy, I encourage you to still speak with your vet about the right flea and tick control for you, and buy directly from your vet to insure the efficacy of the flea and tick product you choose.
When Merial launched FRONTLINE in 1996, we made a decision to distribute FRONTLINE through licensed practicing veterinarians only. The reason for this distribution is we believe veterinarians are the experts on animal health and are the ones who can best identify pet health issues (like flea control) for pet owners and determine appropriate treatment options (like FRONTLINE).

Also, using FRONTLINE Plus makes you eligible for a satisfaction guarantee to help ensure your continued confidence in FRONTLINE. If you have any concerns about FRONTLINE’s efficacy, please see your vet to find out more about Merial’s Satisfaction Guaranteed program.

Have a great day!
Samwise's mom
[notify]
Samwise (RB- 7-21-2012)

Barked: Fri Nov 11, '11 12:21pm PST 
Murphy, hello again!
FRONTLINE Brand Products do not carry an expiration date. We recommend storing FRONTLINE Brand Products at room temperature and keeping them sealed in their original packaging. If stored under these conditions, FRONTLINE Brand Products will not expire.
I suggest you call one of our FRONTLINE experts at 1-800-660-1842, so they can help you determine whether the product you purchased is genuine. If they determine it is not, they will often replace it for you on a one-time basis, under Merial’s satisfaction guaranteed program.
Hope this helps!
Samwise
[notify]

Pepper

Got food? I- can be bought ya- know....

Barked: Sun Nov 13, '11 12:04pm PST 
I've rotated between Revolution and Frontline, depending on season, for years. But in the past 2 years I've been dissappointed in Frontline. It doesn't seem to do a thing about ticks anymore. I contnue to pick live, engourged ticks off all 3 dogs all through the month.
So I tried FIPROGUARD from Sentry. It's a generic of Frontline for less than 1/2 the cost.
I'll be darned. 24 hours after application and for the first day in a month I don't see a single tick on any of the dogs. I keep looking at Sonny when he comes in, the crawling ticks are easy to spot on his blond fur. Not a one.
shrug
So I am a convert.
During the last application of Frontline, I was super careful to make sure every drop went onto skin. Pepper has such thick fur, so I thought I was missing the skin durring application. No difference. But Fiproguard is working. I can't understand why?
I have always bought my Meds at the Vet till now - but the Vet purchased product didn't work, the store bought Frontline still didn't work. What gives?
[notify]
Samwise (RB- 7-21-2012)

Barked: Wed Nov 16, '11 2:06pm PST 
Glad to help, Pepper!

Although I can't speak to the effectiveness of other products, I do know using FRONTLINE Plus makes you eligible for a satisfaction guarantee to help ensure your continued confidence in FRONTLINE. If you have any concerns about FRONTLINE’s efficacy, please see your vet to find out more about Merial’s Satisfaction Guaranteed program.

If you ever have any other questions, mom would love to help! Or, please feel welcome to call the FRONTLINE® Hotline at 1.800.660.1842.

Hope you have a great day!
Samwise
[notify]
Samwise (RB- 7-21-2012)

Barked: Wed Nov 16, '11 2:09pm PST 
Pepper, I had another thought -
Since you sound interested in trying other products, have heard of CERTIFECT the newest addition to the FRONTLINE® family?

CERTIFECT is an advanced topical solution that begins killing ticks in just 6 hours!!
CERTIFECT is also the only topical product that detaches ticks! Cool, huh?!

I hope this helps!
[notify]

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 1:00pm PST 
This was a question about buying Frontline at Costco. From some of the answers Costco is either sending brokers out to vets offices and buying up all their Frontline to sell in all in the multitude of warehouse stores they have all over the nation or they are buying illegal knock-offs and the Feds don't care. Sorry, but this doesn't make sense, Costco is not in the business of breaking the law or hanging around vets offices. It makes more sense that people have a motive to bad mouth Costco and get you to shop at their on-line store. I picked up 6 applications for $69 today at Costco, I expect the same high quality as from a vet.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2