GO!

Extra toenail growing out of of dog pad on foot???

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 3:31pm PST 
Hello there fellow animal lovers. I have a 14 year old beagle mix. I've just noticed that he has what appears to be another (thinner) toe nail growing out of the bottom of his foot, directly in the pad. He is walking just fine and I plan to take him to the vet soon but has anyone else ever experienced or heard of something like this? It seems pretty unusual...
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 5:16pm PST 
I've never heard of it. Your doing the right thing taking him to the vet. Good Luck!
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 6:19pm PST 
Sounds like a cutaneous horn. People get this too, sometimes. AFAIK it's just a benign growth, but considering the location, it's probably best to have it surgically removed.
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 7:07pm PST 
It is a quite common problem in older cats. Our vet told me to just snip them off with a toenail clippers. I've done it lots and none ever bled.
[notify]