GO!

CASE REPORT: LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 47)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Sat May 10, '14 10:21pm PST 
I'm not very knowledgeable on dog health issues like that, but I am bumping this above the spam so you will be heard.

Hope somebody can help you soon. wishes
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jun 2, '14 5:06am PST 
My dog Henry has Laryngeal paralysis. Thanks to Bubba's owners for posting their solution. Henry is a 13 Year old yellow lab 83lbs. after consulting with my Vet i started Henry on 50MG of Benadryl and 25 MG of Bonine daily. I see a big difference in his breathing after day 2. He does get a little tired with the Benadryl but overall he is so much better not laboring when he breaths. I'm going to continue with this dosage and will report back in a few days.
[notify]
Hershey

Frisbees, sticks- and leaves oh- my!

Barked: Mon Jun 2, '14 10:42am PST 
This is a new health issue for us. Does this affect smaller dogs as well as large dogs?

Thank you, Bubba and his family for making us aware of this condition.

XXOOXXOO

Hershey
[notify]

Henry

Barked: Fri Jun 20, '14 1:23pm PST 
dog FYI....I had to put Henry down on 6-12-14. My son came home for a visit Henry was so excited to see him. All day he went into a vomiting attack. Could not keep nothing down...and was in distress could not breath. Finally at 9:30 PM we took him to an emergency hospital. He went quick and peacefull with both my children present. I think henry waiting for my son to come home. RIP
[notify]
Cleo (In- Memory)

One day Postman- ... one day !

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '14 6:50pm PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Nick

I'm one happy- rescue pup!

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '14 8:24am PST 
Thanks for all the great info. Nick is 14, a Golden, and has LP. His first symptom was a high pitched bark and panting. I have limited exercise which is easy because he is 14 and has hind end issues, use a brake fast bowl and eats only soft foods. The panting at night this summer has been awful. He was waking every half hour panting up a storm. I put a fan in front of his bed and he is like a new dog!!! he sleeps all night without waking.

I am wondering if I should add benadryl to his regimen.
[notify]
Murphy

Dogs are angels- with fur!

Barked: Tue Aug 12, '14 8:36pm PST 
Just a heads up on Benadryl, I tried this on Murphy with the correct dosage for his weight, he was on for about 4 days and then he started having bloody noses. This is a side effect of too much Benadryl for people and dogs. The anthistamine dries out the nose and can cause bleeding. I had to stop using it because of this side effect. As soon as I stopped no more bloody noses at all so I know it was the Benadryl.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 47)  
1  2  3  4  5