GO!

Stomach problems in a blood hound

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Mickey

Barked: Thu May 19, '11 3:19am PST 
We got our 4 month old bloodhound 3 days ago. In the morning I have notices that his stomach is groweling very loudly. Is this normal? SHould we be concerned?
[notify]
Sam

I can get out of- anything...

Barked: Thu May 19, '11 9:25am PST 
I wouldn't really worry about it, but what are you feeding exactly? How often? how much? is there diarrhea? vomiting? how is he eating and drinking and generally feeling?
[notify]
Mickey

Barked: Fri May 20, '11 1:27pm PST 
Purena puppchow. i feed him 3 times a day because bloodhounds are prone to blooting and stomach problems an should have smaller meals multiple times a day. his is pooping 1 to 2 times a day and drinking good.
[notify]

Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Fri May 20, '11 1:41pm PST 
Hi, you may want to head over to the nutrition forum to find out what foods might be better than Purina! I LOVE bloodhounds, I want one myself but I don't think they're the best match for my lifestyle frownwishes
[notify]
Seth

Barked: Fri May 20, '11 3:49pm PST 
I think it sounds like the food may not be agreeing with him to well. I would agree with the others.to try something better as far as dog food to see what that does.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Mar 29, '14 7:43pm PST 
A bloodhound puppy grows really fast. It is best to slow down the growth as the vet says and give them adult food. You will need to figure out which one works well with them. I personally use Purina adult food for my 11 week old. It works great for her 1/4 2xs a day is what the VET told me to do. She does great. Its also easier to train her since she's wanting food between that time.
[notify]